• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Park Sensors + Winter

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I learned that the park sensors are absolutely terrible in winter. Hope anyone that relies on them to park gets familiar with their truck because once it freezes they're done for.

Wiping just doesn't clear them off; water freezes between the sensor and the bezel and they're done. The rear keep working alright but anytime it snows and driving down the road everything sticks to the back of your car they can be cleared off and not be too bad.

Worst thing so far has been the Carwash. Sensors are perfectly clean but enough water/ice in the bezel and they trip out.

Options are; nice heated garage that can actually defrost the truck. Or, every time you get freezing rain or go through the Carwash you have to go use a hair dryer and blowdry the sensors.

Or of course just give them up for the winter.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I guess that's something you snow belt folks have to worry about. We rarely get snow here in Tennessee.. I'm really shocked the design isn't better though. On my previous GM I never had any problem with the sensors (it only had the rear ones). No problems yet here though..

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I've never understood the usefulness of park sensors, especially in today's age where most vehicles are equipped with rear view cameras.

/sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem.

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
I agree, I drove up north and had to turn the front park assist off because of the slush, ice and snow building up on the front bumper.
Thing is, I'm in Vancouver and don't get much in the way of snow, we get a lot of rain. I installed some charcoal LED lights on the back and tgphe driving lights on the front and every time it rains, the warnings go off and the dealer keeps telling me it's because of my lights. When it's dry, I don't have any issues.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I have to agree, when I was in Pennsylvania for the holidays, I had to turn them off.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I turn off the fronts in the rain and both in the snow.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year