• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Performance chip for $60 To try or not to try?

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I have recently seen ads for 2 different gizmos called performance chips. Both are approx. $60 and I am thinking of trying one. Have any of you tried one and what are your thoughts?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Can you post a link? I can almost tell you with certainty that's it's NOT worth the money. Most of those devices are hacks and aren't worth your time.

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Can you post a link? I can almost tell you with certainty that's it's NOT worth the money. Most of those devices are hacks and aren't worth your time.

added the NOT for ya.

BTW F.P. Thompson, If you are looking for a tune do a search on this forum but it will cost a bit more than $60.00 :)

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I attempted to put 1 link on, the other is coming up as a security risk today. Didn't get the link but the website is Performance Chips USA.com The product is called Vortex performance chip. Usually most of the improvement with these kind of things is in our heads. How about a throttle enhancer?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I attempted to put 1 link on, the other is coming up as a security risk today. Didn't get the link but the website is Performance Chips USA.com The product is called Vortex performance chip. Usually most of the improvement with these kind of things is in our heads. How about a throttle enhancer?

Well, that's a bad sign from the start. If they can't keep a proper website, how bad is the product going to be?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I wouldn't waste my money, BUT, if ya just want to get rid of 60 bucks just send it to me! JK LOL Probably the easiest and cheapest will be a PEDAL COMMANDER or SPRINT BOOSTER, they just modify your throttle signal, and they work, seems like they're around 300 bucks. from there your next best option is tuning.