• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Possible new Eco Diesel owner- Tacoma

redvettx2

Aug 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
So I am looking at a loaded up Laramie Eco Diesel. Was a little worried after reading about the Bearing issues but that what warranty is for. I like the 19' look and the 12" screen but 60K is lot for a Hemi Pick up. Diesel not available until who knows when. I want Ram boxes and nothing available so I would have to order and wait 6 weeks to get what I want. I like the look of the Rebel but you can get the 12" computer screen or leather. I could live with cloth and get leather latter if they don't wear well. At least the Rebel looks interesting.

I am better at 60K for and Eco Diesel for a starting price. About 14K worth of discounts right now helps with the old body style. I found one truck loaded with everything I want but not my first 3 color choices. Red, White or Black. I like the bright red on the Rebel but this is more maroon. White is a contractor truck so Black is my only option. The truck is located a few hundred miles away. Loaded with about everything including the Ram Boxes which I really want.

Looking to do the two for trade. I have 2004 2500 Cummins with a 6 speed manual. Been a great truck except for the POS front end. They last about 20K and the death wobble returns. It only has 85K Laramie loaded, 6" lift, 35's, and a hard bed cover. The death wobble just returned so that is at least 1 to 2K to fix. Plus needs an oil change, and few other things plus a detail. I figured if I was going to sell it I would put 2 or 3K into it prior. Other reasons for trade. I am getting tired of the lift. I am not getting any younger and it is hard to get in and out of for others. I have been hauling my dirt bikes and the tall bed height sucks. Sold my offshore power boat so the heaviest I will tow is 5K 3 placed enclosed sled trailer. The Eco will be fine and I would be looking forward to the good mileage. Planning on more dirt bike riding trips so the mileage will be appreciated. Down to one sled so it could go in the bed too. Loading is just a pain once you have an enclosed trailer. My other trade is a 17 Challenger SRT. Had it about a year and looking to make some garage room. Right now I think they are light on both trades. 18K for the truck and 34K for the SRT. Truck should go for 20K and the SRT books for 37K stock and I have 4K worth of upgrades.

Sunroof will be new for a pick-up. I wanted the Ram boxes as I will lose my hard cover Stuff can go in there instead of inside the cab. Crew Cab short bed will be a nice rig. Also trading in a couple of 6 speed sticks for an auto. Hurt my arm on the dirt bike a few weeks ago and had a hell of a time make the 4 to 5 shift lol. Getting old is hell. I know it will not be the beast the 2500 is but it will be a better driver and easier to park. Parking system looks nice too.

I have lots of reading up to do. Hopefully I can make a deal soon.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Sounds like you've done a lot of research. If you can score a good deal on a pre-19 EcoDiesel, I would roll with it and give it a try and make sure you like it. You could always trade up in a year or two when the 19' EcoDiesels get a litter cheaper.

redvettx2

Aug 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The Truck I want is in CA. My dealer doesn't seem interested in something that far away. I might try and work the deal long distance or there are dealers here that will do it to turn some iron. I need to do a little detailing on my trades. Easier to make a deal when they are all clean and looking good. I looked at a black one and it was pretty boring for 60K sticker. Looked like a farmers truck. Basic and boring. More money I will have to spend to dress it up a little. So far all the rims are butt ugly and will need to go. I figured when it needs it first set up shoes which worries me already for snowmobile season. Love the look of the new rebel but you only get the old small computer and gas only. Had to justify a 60K sticker on a old style 8v truck. The diesels are up to 14K off right now. I had concerns about engine issues but it has a 100K power plant warranty. I would keep it over 100K. My 04 Cummins only has 85K.