• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your aftermarket wheel/tire setup

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
We need a thread for members to show off their aftermarket wheel/tire setups.

I'm stock so no help from me but would like to see what others have!!

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
I've a question for the group....it's getting colder these days here in British Columbia, and so thoughts of winter tires/rims are floating around my head..
I've traded a 2008 Dodge Dakota (in May of this year) for my 2016 Eco...this Eco has the factory 20'' rims/tires, and I've a set of mounted (rims/winter tires ) 16'' wheels that are 2 winters old ( the ones from the Dakota)..so lots of life left on them..so .. (I think you folks can see where this question is going..LOL) what concerns (if any) will I have if I put these 16'' wheels on the truck to deal with the winter coming ....
I know the TPS system will not register as these winters are a plain steel wheel, but apart from that item, what else could show up as a problem or concern ?
Thanks in advance...
RH Dake
:)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I've a question for the group....it's getting colder these days here in British Columbia, and so thoughts of winter tires/rims are floating around my head..
I've traded a 2008 Dodge Dakota (in May of this year) for my 2016 Eco...this Eco has the factory 20'' rims/tires, and I've a set of mounted (rims/winter tires ) 16'' wheels that are 2 winters old ( the ones from the Dakota)..so lots of life left on them..so .. (I think you folks can see where this question is going..LOL) what concerns (if any) will I have if I put these 16'' wheels on the truck to deal with the winter coming ....
I know the TPS system will not register as these winters are a plain steel wheel, but apart from that item, what else could show up as a problem or concern ?
Thanks in advance...
RH Dake
:)
I think you're out of luck, I could be wrong but by my recollection the truck needs a 17" wheel to clear the front brakes?

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
Yep..you're right.....week before last went thru the whole process of uninstalling the stock wheels and ....trying....the 16 inchers.....needless to say...LOL...
I have since sold the smaller tire/rim set up...
I'm having to start from scratch now...
Thanks for your reply...live and learn...
RH Dake

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yep..you're right.....week before last went thru the whole process of uninstalling the stock wheels and ....trying....the 16 inchers.....needless to say...LOL...
I have since sold the smaller tire/rim set up...
I'm having to start from scratch now...
Thanks for your reply...live and learn...
RH Dake
Could've slapped them on the back for drive tires assuming overall diameter was the same

murrrphh

Sep 7, 2016
Truck Year
I'm running 20x10 Moto metal MO962's with -24 offset wrapped in 305/50r20 cooper h/t plus. Bilstein 5100 adjustable level set at 2.1. No rubbing no trimming.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 62

roydake

Jun 24, 2016
Truck Year
MMM..lots of food for thought here....Local ads here have an assortment of sellers advertising stock 20" 1500 rims, some mounted already with All-Season (questionable for winter conditions here) and a couple with "slightly used" winter tread....but the stock rim set-up is probably the way for me to go....
The province here has mandated that winter tread tires have to be installed by October 1....especially when travelling the mountain passes ...makes sense...
One cannot predict what the interior valleys will have for snow (obviously) this year, but the stock tires on my 2016 does say "M&S" on the sidewall....so, until I find what I want and can budget for...it's the stock set-up for now....just drive smartly and watch out for the Mounties...hahahahha
RH Dake

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
MMM..lots of food for thought here....Local ads here have an assortment of sellers advertising stock 20" 1500 rims, some mounted already with All-Season (questionable for winter conditions here) and a couple with "slightly used" winter tread....but the stock rim set-up is probably the way for me to go....
The province here has mandated that winter tread tires have to be installed by October 1....especially when travelling the mountain passes ...makes sense...
One cannot predict what the interior valleys will have for snow (obviously) this year, but the stock tires on my 2016 does say "M&S" on the sidewall....so, until I find what I want and can budget for...it's the stock set-up for now....just drive smartly and watch out for the Mounties...hahahahha
RH Dake
Cooper the way to go, ATW ($750 usd for a set from tirecrawler) if you can afford it, XT4 if you're on a budget. Your country is what they are DESIGNED for!

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
Just got Gear Alloy Dominator 18" wheels and 275/70 BFG KO2 tires

truck.jpg

wheel.jpg