• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your towing/hauling pictures!

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Sorry. I don't know.

That old Ford 2000 is a beast. I have that scooter plow, the 20 disc harrow and sometimes a 6 ft. brush hog on the trailer at the same time. No issue hauling. Most of my hauls with this equipment are less than 10 miles to my hunting property from my campground where I keep it and stay. Once I did tow to a local town about 40 miles to get a broken weld fixed. Never knew it was there and the brakes don't work on the trailer.

My toy-hauler trailer, loaded with a couple motorcycles, gets to and over 7K lbs. No issue and I tow that thousands of miles and often.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I wish you lived in my state capt. I would really like you to take my truck out for the weekend with your trailer or boat and compare. I've got a while different beast.

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
Sorry. I don't know.

That old Ford 2000 is a beast. I have that scooter plow, the 20 disc harrow and sometimes a 6 ft. brush hog on the trailer at the same time. No issue hauling. Most of my hauls with this equipment are less than 10 miles to my hunting property from my campground where I keep it and stay. Once I did tow to a local town about 40 miles to get a broken weld fixed. Never knew it was there and the brakes don't work on the trailer.

My toy-hauler trailer, loaded with a couple motorcycles, gets to and over 7K lbs. No issue and I tow that thousands of miles and often.
Well that is a good looking beast you have there. My tractor weighs in around 7k and the trailer around 3k. No problems hauling with my truck either. I just got the integrated trailer brakes installed at the dealership today so I'm excited to try it out next time I hook up...

diesel power 2014

Oct 3, 2015
Truck Year
The trailer is 4,300 lbs dry weight around 5,000 lbs with water use the tow/haul and works good,as well if bad head wind
or cross wind manual shift to 6-7 gear, and getting 13-15 mpg.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
This is close to my trailer. Have you tow in the mountains with it? If so, does it suffer going up steep grades?
No mountains yet, but definitely some long, steady upgrades. Used tow/haul of course, and was unpleasantly surprised my mileage went down so low. I expected 13-14, not under 12. It didn't feel like it was really suffering, just downshifting a lot. I can only imagine what it would have been like if I had gone with the 8,000 lb unit my wife was lobbying for.

Frank Meaders

Nov 21, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
My Keystone Bullet weighs 5050 dry. We take very little with us but still my current truck struggles up the North Carolina mountains. I would kill to get close to 12 MPG. I got 7.5 in Florida. Thanks all for your experiences.