• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Power folding auto dimming side mirrors.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
my 2014 had these and I loved the auto dim feature! My 15 has the tow mirrors. It's pretty much the only option on the truck I don't care for.

So I've been looking for replacement auto dim mirrors but can't seem to find any. Not even aftermarket. I called my dealer but they said I cannot put auto dims on my truck.

I find that hard to believe. On the window sticker it listed them then, said power folding mirror delete: tow mirror.

I do have the auto dimming rear view mirror. If I could find them I believe it would be a simple plug and play.

Anyone know if this is true or what part number they are?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't have a part number. But I don't see a reason why not.. I'll search around because I'm curious myself. Also, I would give a different dealer a call.. parts department. They can take your VIN# and look up compatible parts as well.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I don't have a part number. But I don't see a reason why not.. I'll search around because I'm curious myself. Also, I would give a different dealer a call.. parts department. They can take your VIN# and look up compatible parts as well.
Cool. That's a good idea. Thanks for the advice!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'll look into it I had found all of the replacement mirrors previously. Even had the 3/4 ton power folding tow mirror upgrade. But you had to put in the switch if you were going from tow to power fold tow. If you had standard power folding it utilized the same button but upgraded to the moose ears/antlers tow mirrors lol. I'd assume with the variety they had you could get a pair of the standard mirrors from them. But the dealer Service tech (pending you will find one willing to do it) will probably have to add the code for the heat and dimming mirror to Work.

Similar to the DRL code. It's written into the trucks computer but it has to be enabled on the truck.

LM1 for dim high beam on quad reflectors
LM5 for projector LED parking light DRL. And there's one other code I believe utilizes the low beams dimmed.

Anyways same concept. Once you have the mirror it's just getting a dealer willing to enable the code

DougS

Nov 15, 2017
Truck Year
my 2014 had these and I loved the auto dim feature! My 15 has the tow mirrors. It's pretty much the only option on the truck I don't care for.

So I've been looking for replacement auto dim mirrors but can't seem to find any. Not even aftermarket. I called my dealer but they said I cannot put auto dims on my truck.

I find that hard to believe. On the window sticker it listed them then, said power folding mirror delete: tow mirror.

I do have the auto dimming rear view mirror. If I could find them I believe it would be a simple plug and play.

Anyone know if this is true or what part number they are?
I just bought towing mirrors (the moose variety) for my Ram 1500. My old mirrors are auto-dimming. I'll probably be selling them. Are your interested?