• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPEI full delete on 2015 ecoD

Jrs6411

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Wanted to make a quick post. I have a 2015 Ram with an ecoD. Truck has 71800mi. About three weeks ago the truck left my wife stranded on the interstate. I was expecting the EGR cooler to fail and to have intake problems, just didn't know when.

As expected, cooler failed. Hole burned in top and bottom of intake manifold and the MAP sensor was melted. Time for some upgrades!

Went with a Kory Willis PPEI tune on my ECM, got the DST option and the switch. Through Dale's superstore, I got the tune, turbo back exhaust and EGR delete kit. From Banks, I purchased the intake manifold, throttle delete and Monster exhaust. I opted not to replace the fuel lines. Only time will tell if that was a mistake.

The flapper valves were seized solid on my intake with carbon or soot build up. The engine head side was no better. Spent the better part of 2 hours cleaning each intake port on the head and removing the built up crap.

Overall, the full install time was about 12 hours by myself. If you have access to a small shop and can borrow a rack, it made a world of difference. Put in 10 hours on Saturday and finished wiring the DST switch and running wires this evening. Topped off the coolant level and let warm up to temperature. Check engine light was on due to low fuel pressure at the rails during the initial start up. Codes cleared and drove home tonight! What a difference! Gonna drive a few more days and leak check before putting my wife back in it.

Through the process, Dale's superstore and Tech support at PPEI were both incredible including a one day turn around on my ECM from PPEI. I was less thrilled with Banks' support. They were not very helpful with questions I had when doing my research on the upgrades or during the install process.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
How was the TBE install? I've heard others say it's a real pain getting up to the back side of the turbo.