• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pretty sure she is blown up!

Philb460

Jun 1, 2020
Truck Year
So i bought my Ecodiesel the first week in November 2019. It is a 2015 and had 67k miles on it. I bought it because of the fuel economy and the life span that diesel engines are known for. Fast forward to 4 days ago when I pulled out to pass a car, heard a pop, and then it died. Truck now has 83k on it. All it does is spin over extremely fast and then an alert popped up on the dash saying to service the electronic throttle system? Luckily it is still under factory warrenty and I had it towed to the dealership. Now my question is this. Will the GDE tune help prevent some future beak downs, and will it pass inspection in New York State. It has to be plugged in to pass. Just don't want to spend that much coin on something and then be screwed

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
When my service electronic throttle system came on twice it was a blown turbo. It’s a 2015 Big Horn. I have about 95,000 miles. The AEM warranty will cover me on the emissions. I don’t believe a tune will help you under warranty and will red flag you with all dealers under a warranty claim. After the warranty is up. You can try a tune, not sure it will pass the NY inspection.

Philb460

Jun 1, 2020
Truck Year
Got a call from the dealership. It was the crank sensor. They are going to do the EGR recall along with the intake while it's in.. there was only 14 days left on the factory warrenty when it broke down. Bought a 100,000 mile 6 year extended warranty last night.