• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Problem since code fix..

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
Had dealer required code fix over 6 weeks ago (2015 ram ecodeisel) and system has not regenerated yet????!! I don't put many miles on truck but it used to regenerate at least every 8 days or so. Anyone else having problems since code fix?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! how do you know it's not doing a regen? Are you tracking it with a monitor of some sort? If the truck is working properly, it's designed to be non intrusive to the driver so you know it's not in regen mode.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome! how do you know it's not doing a regen? Are you tracking it with a monitor of some sort? If the truck is working properly, it's designed to be non intrusive to the driver so you know it's not in regen mode.
It is not using and def fluid..

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
Did you buy it new? I'm guessing it had a GDE tune on it and since the dealer performed the AEM flash (and overwrote the tune) you no longer have the "regen in progress" report. My 2018 and I believe most all stock EcoD's do not report when the truck is regenerating, it all happens in the background.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
Did you buy it new? I'm guessing it had a GDE tune on it and since the dealer performed the AEM flash (and overwrote the tune) you no longer have the "regen in progress" report. My 2018 and I believe most all stock EcoD's do not report when the truck is regenerating, it all happens in the background.
It is not using any DEF. fluid.....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
8 gallons will last +/-10,000 miles. It's hard to tell if any is used over a short stretch of time. Why do you say it's not using DEF?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Please note. DEF fluid is not used for DPF regeneration. As a matter of fact the DEF system is disabled during a regen.