• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RECALL R40 - FCA recalls 1.25 million trucks for software error

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiatchrysler-recall-idUSKBN1881I6

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV (FCHA.MI) said Friday it would recall more than 1.25 million pickup trucks worldwide to address a software error linked to reports of one crash death and two injuries.

The error code could temporarily disable the side air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment during a vehicle rollover spurred by a significant underbody impact, such as striking onroad debris or driving off-road, the Italian-American automaker said.

The company will reprogram computer modules in the affected vehicles to address this error.

The recall covers 1.02 million 2013-16 Ram 1500 and 2500 pickups, and 2014-2016 Ram 3500 pickups in the United States, 216,007 vehicles in Canada; 21,668 in Mexico; and 21,530 outside North America, the automaker said.

Fiat Chrysler said the recall would begin in late June.

In the event of the software error code, the problem could temporarily be addressed by turning the vehicle off and then on, the company said.

The automaker told the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration it began investigating the issue in December after it received notice of a suit involving a 2014 Ram 1500 in which the airbag failed to deploy in a rollover crash.

Vin Lookup for recalls:

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls.html

Last edited:
Reactions: EOC

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
What a PITA it is going to be visiting a dealership because of this recall.

Hoping I was a lucky one and not affected, I entered my VIN on Mopar's website. It checked out ok, but I bet it's just not active yet as they listed late June as the begin date. Will check back next month.

Thanks for the post Jeff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Received my notice in the mail Friday, June 30.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year