• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Radiator fan

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
anyone know how to manipulate the fan to be on to cool the radiator besides leaving the ac on am not sure if it would help when pulling a hill but maybe it is there a different t-stat to open earlier??

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
No not at all I was just courious as I see others are getting hot and just figured IDE ask

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I wouldn't mess with thermostat because of the ccv/egr cool down the engine it may not be able to cook all of the stuff off. I did some research on this with my gmc and couldn't come up with a way to besides putting a manual switch in to override the fans....it is demanded on with ac pressure and coolant temp....

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
Ok cool am waiting for the ppei delete lol then I won't have to worry about that bs lol but I understand the heat is helping all the emission stuff I guess I will just run the ac of an getting warm lol I know in some cars they have the ac on even with heat to help with humidity or defrost can't remember but one of them lol

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya the ac compressor runs with the defroster to take the moisture out of the air

MRNY

Jul 7, 2015
Truck Year
I hope they come out with a bigger radiator and oil cooler one day lol