• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram Air Suspension Details

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Some good info I found on the Ram Air Suspension, which is an option on the new EcoDiesel:

The RAM air suspension system provides full time load leveling capability along with the benefit of being able to adjust the vehicle height by the push of a button.
  • Automatic height changes occur based on the vehicle speed and the current vehicle height. Indicator lamps and EVIC messages will operate the same for automatic changes and user requested changes.
  • Normal Ride Height (NRH) – This is the standard position of the suspension and is meant for normal driving.
  • Off-Road 1 (OR1) (Raises the vehicle approximately 1 inch (26mm)) – This position should be the primary position for all off-road driving until Off-Road 2 is needed. If the vehicle exceeds 50 MPH the vehicle will automatically lower to NRH.
  • Off-Road 2 (OR2) (Rises the vehicle approximately 2 inches(51 mm)) – This position is intended for off-roading use only where maximum ground clearance is required. If the vehicle speed exceeds 25 MPH, the vehicle will be lowered to OR1.
  • Aero mode (Lowers the vehicle .6 in(15mm))-1500 models only – This position provides improved aerodynamics by lowering the vehicle The vehicle goes into Aero mode when the vehicle speed remains between 62 MPH and 66 MPH for greater than 20 secs, or if the vehicle exceeds 66 MPH.
  • Entry/Exit mode (Lowers the vehicle approximately 2 in (51 mm)) – This position lowers the vehicle for easier passenger entry and exit as well as lowering the rear of the vehicle for easier loading and unloading of cargo. To enter Entry/Exit mode, press the down button once from the NHR while the vehicle speed is

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
I just ordered a pair of Hellwig airbags that will replace the rear coil springs and support the larger load associated with the pulling of my 10k# toyhauler. I had another brand on my 2005 Ram that provided good service and handling while keeping the truck level.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It automatically goes up to normal at 15MPH. In entry it drives fine it's just low. Tires don't rub or anything factory size