• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram EcoDiesel vs Ford EcoBoost vs Chevy 5.3L V8

EcoDiesel

EDR Bot
Staff member
Aug 10, 2014
Truck Year
Ford recently put a video on YouTube comparing the three models up a large 6% grade towing a 7,000 lb trailer. Ford's findings have the EcoDiesel is dead last for speed, which might be a valid point. However, we all aren't racing up 6% grades in 120 degree weather wide open either.

It's more appropriate to test fuel mileage figures as Ram obviously wasn't building this for that purpose. Ford, let's see some fuel mileage figures! (After all, It directly affects our wallets).

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
On another test between Ford eco boost and Ram ecodiesel I read about the ford was 900 pounds lighter. When Ram and Chevy convert to aluminum body they will be more equal.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Apples to oranges to pears. 3 great choices, 3 very different engines. All are great in my opinion, but each has it's downfalls. It's up to us as consumers to decide which one suits our needs and what we want to sacrifice in order to daily drive a fullsize truck.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Very valid point browntruck but I know I chose mine after reading the eco boosts will average around 10 to 12 if towing any kind of decent load keeping the boost up. If I wanted speed I would have bought a hemi...I wanted cheaper fuel better mileage and higher resale value when it's time to trade up again

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
I had watched a bunch of them prior to purchasing mine. In thinking the results definitely skewed by weight diffference. would have been neat to see the difference added back on the Ford, just to see if it made a difference. In another video I watched, they favored the RAM due to the weight making it feel more stable when towing. They forgot to mention that....
Would be neat to see the RAM lose a little weight, hek we could see 32+ mpg on the HWY?????

ZMan0798

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea. I watched a lot of videos as well. Always like the TFLTRUCK videos the best.

You know what? I really do like the looks of that F150, and ya can't deny its power. But I still know the EcoD was the better choice for me. And I couldn't care one bit if my run up a mountain takes me 43seconds longer. I'll take the smooth, quiet, blue collar power of the 3.0L VM all day long.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
What about it