• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram lift kits?

Zeke

Apr 10, 2014
Has anyone lifted an Ecodiesel yet? I havn't been able to get much info from lift manufacturers (understandable). But definitely figured someone would know by now if the 2014 HEMI kits are compatible or not.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Has anyone lifted an Ecodiesel yet? I havn't been able to get much info from lift manufacturers (understandable). But definitely figured someone would know by now if the 2014 HEMI kits are compatible or not.

The suspension parts are all the same from what I've noticed, so most kits should work. However, maybe some minor changes would have to been made. Have you asked a manufacture yet? They should have the first hand info depending on what kit you want.

PS: Welcome to the forum! :)

Zeke

Apr 10, 2014
Thanks!
Yeah I've asked around quite a bit and it's still a little early I guess. BDS, Fabtech, Zone haven't been able to crawl under one yet. I was just hoping to find someone with firsthand experience lifting the little diesel. I'm still a few months out from being able to order one anyway. I'll definitely post any findings along the way. After test driving one yesterday I'm really optimistic about these rigs. I've been waiting for about a year to see/drive one. She was impressive.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks!
Yeah I've asked around quite a bit and it's still a little early I guess. BDS, Fabtech, Zone haven't been able to crawl under one yet. I was just hoping to find someone with firsthand experience lifting the little diesel. I'm still a few months out from being able to order one anyway. I'll definitely post any findings along the way. After test driving one yesterday I'm really optimistic about these rigs. I've been waiting for about a year to see/drive one. She was impressive.

I agree. They are still hard to find right now. I've yet to see one on a dealer lot. Hopefully by the summer I'll be set in one. :D

Since they're hard for us to find, I can understand why the kit manufactures haven't got any products out yet. But, most are pretty fast and with it not being a totally new suspension it should be a quick go over and ready to sell

RamDiesel4

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks!

The only thing I could see that would possibly be different is the exhaust routing since the diesel has the DPF and such underneath that a gas model doesn't. Other than that I wouldn't see an issue.

Dieselee

Oct 25, 2017
Truck Year
I've been searching for lift kits 4 less and found quite a few people suggesting BDS. I'll be looking at Rancho too. Anyone here who can give some comparison between those 2 lifts?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
BDS is well respected by many. The only reason I went with Rancho over BDS back in the day was Rancho had the lift ready for shipment and BDS had theirs still in development.

I'm not a suspension guy, so I can't say pro/cons of each. I didn't have any problems with my Rancho, other than the shocks could have been better.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Just bought 2 2017 Ecods..4x4...installed BDS 4 inch kits...very pleased

Hawaii_Built

Oct 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Great looking truck! Those Fuel Hardlines are really nice, and would have been my choice if I went aftermarket (I mounted my 35's on OE Laramie wheels).

How's the ride on the coilovers up front? I have a 6" BDS lift on my Ram but went with Bilstein 5100s instead of dropping the coin for the Fox upgrade. IMO, the Bilsteins are valved a little too soft.