• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RAM RECALL

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I was told, it's the egr cooler. Not the egr valve.
It's very hot and needs to be cooled by an aluminum housing cooler which has a coolant supply running through it.
Super heat, water and aluminum in the wrong measure means disaster, usually cracks first

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
The dealer tech told me yesterday before I heard about the cooler recall.
When I asked if it would be the same cooler put on my truck.
He said.....it has a different part number and is redesigned

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Im going where john jensen goes after his has been done! Let me know john!

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
I would like to know as well, my brother and I want to get er done as the saying goes.
That is if I don't sell it

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Im going where john jensen goes after his has been done! Let me know john!
Oh no, I'm the guinea pig?
I will not get it done until my Service Manager is confident and give the OK. Yes, I will let you know.

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not at all. You have an established rapport with the service manager and i don't. I will gladly tag along rather than take my chances. My selling dealer is jack Powell, but I've never been back? So far I've done all my service. Additionally, there is power in numbers....thanks

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
And it doesn't hurt that my grand-son-in-law is the General Sales Manager 😁

What's interesting to me is that no mention is made of the Grand Cherokee Ecodiesels. Do they have a better or different EGR system?

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't know, and i rarely even see one. Always good to have a connection. Congrats to him on such a top dog job!

John

Nov 13, 2015
And it doesn't hurt that my grand-son-in-law is the General Sales Manager 😁

What's interesting to me is that no mention is made of the Grand Cherokee Ecodiesels. Do they have a better or different EGR system?
The jeep looks to be the same part number for the EGR cooler?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The jeep looks to be the same part number for the EGR cooler?
Yes, so why aren't they mentioned in the recall? Interesting for sure.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have done some internet searching and was on the diesel jeep forum and can find no reference to any ecodiesel grand cherokees burning.
Weird

Dmatejad4

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hey everyone I have a 2015 eco diesel ram with about 90k miles and last month my check engine light came on so I took it to the dealer. They told me that they need to change a sensor in my exhaust and that my water pump is leaking so to change that out as well. Also there recommend on cleaning out my EGR line cause the code said that my electronic throttle control needs to be serviced I did and it cost me $300. The car was at the dealer for a week. Pick up my car drove home and check engine light turned on and the car wouldn’t go more then 30 mph. Took it back to dealer waited two days for diesel mechanic and dealer told me that they had to regen my DEF system. Car ran good for a week and then check engine light came on again and this time the dealer told me that my EGR cooler is bad and they need to replace it . Been waiting for about 3 weeks now because the cooler is on back order and the dealer doesn’t know when it’s gonna be available. -_-