• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram to end production of 1500 EcoDiesel truck in January.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I forecasted this 3 Years ago, for those that heated the warning 👍 For those that bought 2019-2020+ will likely suffer $$$$ in loses. It still will be available in Jeeps but that will likely end in 2024.

Ram to end production of 1500 EcoDiesel truck in January 2023.​

Fiat has just destroyed the 1500 DSL Market. Back in 2015 Fiat should have stop production and corrected all the short comings this engine had, In 2017 when production stopped due to the EPAs mandate Fiat had 1.5 Years to upgrade the plant at Cento and make changes to the rotating mass design. Nope just produce the same high rate of failure design. 2020+ fail at close to the same Rate, although the production rate is 1/3 of 2014-16.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I noticed the rumors online a few days ago but was hesitate to post, simply because the said the trucks only. I'm not sure why they are removing the option from the trucks only...and keeping it in the Jeeps.

Either way, sad day but we all know it was likely coming. The EcoDiesel just has to many problems when you compare it to other platforms.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Boostn, I'm so disappointed in How Fiat handle this.......It will be a wound that will likely never heal.... Again, I want to thank You for allowing this website to develop.... You might want to change the name, I have plenty of other vehicles, I would enjoy discussing here.

On the other hand all those Mods at 1500diesel.com, except Crash68 are eating crow today. 🥘 :) :) :) :)

greatwhiterev

Aug 18, 2022
Truck Year
if US government has it's way a lot of fossil fuel powered trucks are gonna go by the wayside.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I noticed the rumors online a few days ago but was hesitate to post, simply because the said the trucks only. I'm not sure why they are removing the option from the trucks only...and keeping it in the Jeeps.

Either way, sad day but we all know it was likely coming. The EcoDiesel just has to many problems when you compare it to other platforms.
Ram isn't dropping the EcoDiesel because it has problems. The 3rd gen engine has very few problems and has proven to be a reliable platform. The CEO of Ram said they are pushing up electrification in the Ram 1500, which is why the EcoDiesel is being dropped. The full electrification isn't ready for the Wrangler/Gladiator platform, which is why the EcoDiesel will continue to be offered.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep $5 Billion in loses is NOT a problem.....? Yep it's not a problem when discontinued.