• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ranch Supreme Cap

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry folks. Been a while since I've posted. I've been looking at truck toppers for my 2015 Eco diesel. A.R.E. maintains that the hi caps will actually help MPGs while towing large trailers like my cattle trailer. Problem is, they wanted almost 2k for one. Well, lo and behold, I was thumbing thru craigslist and found one paintmatched to my truck at a dodge dealer that they had taken off a trade. I got it for $500.00 and it came with clamps, and keys for the rear locks. It is a Ranch Supreme model which is listed here http://www.ranchfiberglass.com/ranch-caps-and-lids/supreme-truck-cap

It is not overly fancy but does have a 12 volt dome light with a prompt switch. Anyway, the metallic in the paint is not perfect to the truck, but it is close enough for me and for that price, I couldn't pass it up. What is your experience with MPGs with a topper? Early indications seem pretty good so far.
11.jpg IMG_0972.JPG

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yea they break the wind a bit for a high profile bumper pull Trailer but you lose a bit driving empty because of the extra vehicle profile, so it evens out, nothing super significant. But if you can deal with the looks of a high rise topper the enclosed room is awesome

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Ok. Here is the first report for MPGs with the high rise Topper. 621 miles on 22.4 gal. worked out to be 27.7 MPG hand calculated. This included about 1hr total of idling, 20 percent of short trips back and forth to town with adv. speed of 30 mpg. The rest was a 500 mile round trip past OKC running freeway speeds and then some. One the way back, took the turnpike and took it up to 79-82ish for about 100 miles. No trailer. This is about on par with what I get without the topper. Anxious to see how towing will go.