• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilt my ecodiesel

Turboviper

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
Notice some metal fillings in my oil filter when I noticed the engine had gotten a little louder. Decided to tear it down when my dealer said it would be a minimum of 6 months for a crate engine. Pulled the engine out and tore it down. Found a bad crank bearing. Replaced all crank and connecting rod bearings. Put it back together and she runs again. Big job. Found bearing from King Bearings. Engine is so much quieter. My wife is happy it's fix. She didn't see me for a week.

jcrheingans

May 26, 2022
Truck Year
Not counting your time, how much are you into it money wise? Also did you replace anything else as a precaution while it was apart?

Turboviper

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
I've got 35 hours into the job. But took my time to make sure to document the tear down for easier rebuild. I replace all seals, gaskets, turbo, and head bolts. Could not find connecting rod and bed plate bolts. So I used the stock ones. Crossed my fingers. Polished the crank checked clearences and put together. Engine looked like new when I tore it down. I deleted egr 200000kms ago and changed my oil on schedule. Just that one crank bearing.

paulbobo

Aug 18, 2022
Truck Year
Notice some metal fillings in my oil filter when I noticed the engine had gotten a little louder. Decided to tear it down when my dealer said it would be a minimum of 6 months for a crate engine. Pulled the engine out and tore it down. Found a bad crank bearing. Replaced all crank and connecting rod bearings. Put it back together and she runs again. Big job. Found bearing from King Bearings. Engine is so much quieter. My wife is happy it's fix. She didn't see me for a week.
where did u find the king bearing and what is the part number? thanks

biggrits21

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
That's cool I wish I had the knowledge to do that . Maybe you should start a business doing just that cause I think there's going to be a ton of work for you

Turboviper

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
It was a lot of work but, especially without a lift to raise the cab.

Turboviper

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
I pulled front whole front of the truck off. And pulled the front differential off the truck. Then it was actually easy to pull the engine out. Brake booster has to come out.