• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recall Ruined my 2015 EcoDiesel

Missoulaman73

Jan 8, 2020
Truck Year
Just got back from a 250 mile trip towing a 1500lb Uhaul trailer... averaged 15 mpg. Before the recall emissions update I had towed a 5000lb car trailer loaded on a 500 mile trip and averaged 20mpg. Turbo lag now leaves me stranded in intersections for seconds after giving the truck throttle.

My truck was a beautiful 2015 Ram LB Laramie 4wd EcoDiesel... now, it’s garbage. EcoDeisel performance, In my eyes, was all about torque and fuel economy. I’ve lost both of those.

Any suggestions on how I resurrect this dead engine from the recall executioner?

I have 97k on it, loved everything about it... but, now am looking to move on, unless I save this truck.

Ideas? Thank you all

Missoulaman73

Jan 8, 2020
Truck Year
I have been researching that... GDE or SFK... not sure what it entails or what others think.
It seems like my only hope to rescue my truck.

Ram19

Nov 2, 2019
Truck Year
Hang in there, all's not lost.

You can either do a tune to get your truck back or you can wait out FCA. Supposedly Ram has stopped doing the AEM software update & are probably working on a new version of the update due to all of the customer complaints & problems caused by the AEM.

Watching the various forms the tune from HDSupply out of Canada is having positive responses from the guy's who have gone that way. If it were me I would probably go the tune route & keep my stock ECU for when the truck needs to go to the dealer for warranty work. That way you get the benefit of turning off the EGR and making the truck drivable while at the same time with the stock ECU you have the benefits of the warranty under the AEM settlement.

Missoulaman73

Jan 8, 2020
Truck Year
Good advice. I guess next steps are to figure out who to get a tune from and how to install it.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Canada is your best bet takes little time to swap out ecu

jhboe

Jul 21, 2017
Truck Year
I have been researching that... GDE or SFK... not sure what it entails or what others think.
It seems like my only hope to rescue my truck.
I got this email from GDE the other day so they are out:
Jim,

The EPA shut us down 3 months ago. See below:

We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative and ask them to reign in the EPA if you ever want the GDE tune. The EPA is using statute CAA 42 USC 7522 (a)(3) (A-B) to go after the after-market auto industry. We feel this rule should only cover large auto manufacturers, not older vehicles in the field.

Sorry for the issues. If your vehicle is registered in a different country, let us know as rules are different outside the US.

GDE