• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Received Recall Notice in Mail, Have Not Been Approved For Claim Yet?

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Should I rush to the dealer and preform the recall even though I have not yet been approved for the settlement yet? Truck is stock, kind of waiting on the settlement to do any tuning.

Suggestions?

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Did you complete your claim and email it in? If so, you should go and check the status. There is no reason to do the recall before claim is approved. The reflash does nothing good for you. I have no doubt you are looking forward to your Sofa King tune.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/EcoDieselSettlement/s/TrackClaim

Yep I completed the claim, I didn't have to do an email though? It was a web form.

What I received in the mail made it look like a standard run-of-the-mill recall notice.

I checked my status and it is still pending approval.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Yep I completed the claim, I didn't have to do an email though? It was a web form.

What I received in the mail made it look like a standard run-of-the-mill recall notice.

I checked my status and it is still pending approval.
Did you send in your registration, title or proof of ownership and acceptable identification?

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I submitted my claim last week, and it is still pending approval.

I did have the AEM completed today, and the results are not terrible. Maybe a hair more sluggish throttle, slightly more turbo lag, but mpg was virtually the same or slightly better.

I was perusing the extended warranty paperwork, and the glaring item missing from the document is the actual intake manifold itself. Thanks to advice provided by folks on this site, I was able to persuade the dealer to replace my intake about a month ago. This was before the dealers had been trained on the settlement and process to cover the work. As a result, guys may have a tougher time convincing them to replace the manifolds now.

I talked to the guys at GDE last week as well. They told me it was going to be a couple months before they would have updated engine tunes for the AEM software. I have a note to call them back in July, and I hope to have my settlement money ready to pay for the GDE ECM/TCM tunes.

Good luck fellas!

John

Nov 13, 2015
I submitted my claim last week, and it is still pending approval.

I did have the AEM completed today, and the results are not terrible. Maybe a hair more sluggish throttle, slightly more turbo lag, but mpg was virtually the same or slightly better.

I was perusing the extended warranty paperwork, and the glaring item missing from the document is the actual intake manifold itself. Thanks to advice provided by folks on this site, I was able to persuade the dealer to replace my intake about a month ago. This was before the dealers had been trained on the settlement and process to cover the work. As a result, guys may have a tougher time convincing them to replace the manifolds now.

I talked to the guys at GDE last week as well. They told me it was going to be a couple months before they would have updated engine tunes for the AEM software. I have a note to call them back in July, and I hope to have my settlement money ready to pay for the GDE ECM/TCM tunes.

Good luck fellas!
The GDE updated engine tunes are now available on their site.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
I don't have an existing GDE tune, and it looks like this is a prerequisite for the "update" available on the site.

"This product is for existing owners and 2014-2016 vehicles already running the Green Diesel EcoDiesel tune who wish to restore their tune after having received the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) from the dealer."

It doesn't sound like a new ECM tune is available yet for post-AEM updated Ecodiesel's that aren't running the GDE tune. I will reach out to them again tomorrow for clarification.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I don't have an existing GDE tune, and it looks like this is a prerequisite for the "update" available on the site.

"This product is for existing owners and 2014-2016 vehicles already running the Green Diesel EcoDiesel tune who wish to restore their tune after having received the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM) from the dealer."

It doesn't sound like a new ECM tune is available yet for post-AEM updated Ecodiesel's that aren't running the GDE tune. I will reach out to them again tomorrow for clarification.
You can do the ECM purchase option and keep your ECM. $500.00 upcharge, but worth it if you want to be able to easily get dealer warranty service in the future.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
That was my plan, and I appreciate the head's up!

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
I guess Im going to book my appointment to get mine done then as to not slow down the settlement and have them wait to re-verify I had it done.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
Roger that Patrity...

All, i emailed GDE yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that the engine and transmission tunes are available for trucks that do not already have the GDE tune AND have had the AEM completed.

Here is my plan:
I will be purchasing a tuned ECM from GDE based on the AEM with engine braking, high idle, and regen message. This will insure I have backward compatibility to bolt the AEM flashed stock ECM back up in case of warranty work needed. So I will have 2 ECMs, GDE and FCA AEM.
Because I pull a decent sized boat and I want to maximize MPG in all situations, I am also purchasing the transmission tune.

The total for this purchase will be around $1,850, but my second-owner FCA settlement payment will still more than cover the costs. in my opinion this is a pretty cheap insurance policy for optimizing the longevity of this truck.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Roger that Patrity...

All, i emailed GDE yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that the engine and transmission tunes are available for trucks that do not already have the GDE tune AND have had the AEM completed.

Here is my plan:
I will be purchasing a tuned ECM from GDE based on the AEM with engine braking, high idle, and regen message. This will insure I have backward compatibility to bolt the AEM flashed stock ECM back up in case of warranty work needed. So I will have 2 ECMs, GDE and FCA AEM.
Because I pull a decent sized boat and I want to maximize MPG in all situations, I am also purchasing the transmission tune.

The total for this purchase will be around $1,850, but my second-owner FCA settlement payment will still more than cover the costs. in my opinion this is a pretty cheap insurance policy for optimizing the longevity of this truck.

Sounds like a good plan, I plan on doing similar but I'll be going through SFT as their handheld can flash a single ECM as needed between tuned and stock.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Here's the release form.

Attachments

• FCA Eco Settlemenet Redacted.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Patrity do you have the claim #