• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recommended EGR/DPF Delete Parts?

gobison

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all,
I am going to be going to be tuning/deleting my ED here shortly with a Sofa King Tune. Any recommendations for a good EGR delete kit along with a DPF delete kit?

Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would purchase ASAP, Rumor has it the EPA will be steeping up its investigations on sellers that manufacture conditional (AECD).

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
Dirty Diesel in Canada. Last week the EGR delete kit and SS Proflo exhaust for my WK2 arrived
Awaiting my SKT tuner- ordered on the 3rd- and will do the stg 1 with trans tune until I can book a hoist for exhaust work.

gobison

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
Dirty Diesel in Canada. Last week the EGR delete kit and SS Proflo exhaust for my WK2 arrived
Awaiting my SKT tuner- ordered on the 3rd- and will do the stg 1 with trans tune until I can book a hoist for exhaust work.
Billy,

You ordered your SKT tune on feb 3rd and still haven't gotten it?

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
Close, my bad,I checked and actually it was the 2nd.
It is on its way and does have to cross the wall into Canada...

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
Took a month and a day to my post office with taxes due. 65 miles north of Buffalo NY...
Sent file in on the 9th and still waiting for my tunes to be emailed back.

Jfannon3840

Apr 25, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2020 Wrangler with the 3rd gen eco diesel, im looking into the same thing with deleting and tuning but cant really find anything, I emailed GDE and they said they should have a tune out by fall, but if anyone has any leads on delete's it would be greatly appreciated.

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
They will show up soon enough. Haven't had a look at a G3 yet so shouldn't even speculate.
I know some have done a catch can with sizes of 1" in and out and hose and not throw a code on Ram trucks. This is the major contributor to gunking up the intake side on previous generations. EGR soot is the other...
I believe tuners are hiding in the shadows and it will take some time to hear their whispers.

Update: SFT tune finally arrived was loaded, trans would not shift out of first- only by using the paddles. So back went the file and and V2 worked. Few days later: got the recall appointment, loaded stock tune and dropped it off. Behaved as when I first bought it...yucky.Still assessing this tune,so far it's better than stock but not living up to the hype I fell for.
Stay at home orders here so running around is for shopping so not many miles.
Avg is 17.8mpg only but up from 16.5 on stock tune

Jul 20, 2019
Truck Year
So.. when you delete the egr do you take the entire cooler all the way out? Trying to figure out these kits you can buy vs pictures of the cooler and I don’t see in the kits where you would plug the coolant passages on the block

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
I've got a kit from Dirty Diesel (FLO-301009) that includes the 2 block off/seal plates, coolant hoses and other hardware that works with full EGR removal if you choose. Supplied coolant hoses connect the in and out of the (removed) cooler together, a convenient bypass method.

The plates only kits just seal up the intake and cooler after the exhaust/soot feed pipe is removed.

Even with my fresh EGR cooler (I let them battle and undo those 2016 bolts) I so don't trust this after thought being even plumbed into the cooling system.

Don't forget the catch can, 1" port sizes recommended.

BillySoot

Feb 3, 2021
Truck Year
Prevention.
Your engines history is unknown to me. But traces or seepage of oil will be evident if you pull off the beauty cover - look at any pipes or hose connections near the turbo you will see.
The vacuum draw or blow by pressure out the crankcase vent brings engine oil vapours with it and contaminates the combustion mixture. It also condenses then gets baked on through out the intake track.
Capturing the nasty oil vapours before all that saves burning it, if it makes it that far. Common issue in most turbo engines as wear and blow by increases. Wear increases ring gap.
If and when you remove the EGR pipe at the manifold - inside the intake will be gunk that comprises of soot and nasty oil goop.

CyberKnight

Jul 5, 2018
Truck Year
I would like to use the compliant GDE tune on my 2015 Ram Eco but also really want to disable the EGR valve. Does anyone know how to accomplish that? Am disabled so cannot do a complete physical EGR delete, nor would I want to since I did the AEM update BS (big mistake in my opinion) and now have an extended warranty on the power train.
Just got my truck back from the dealer today after having the EGR cooler recall performed so now seems like the time to somehow disable the EGR and install the GDE tune. It has 63K miles on it currently with at least 60% of that being Hwy miles as I took it on several travel trailer trips in the first three years I had it.
Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You would need to check with GDE. The tune restricts the need to recirculate exhaust Gases back to EGR/Plenum. GDE uses in head EGR tuning to lower NOx to EPA tier 3 Levels.

CyberKnight

Jul 5, 2018
Truck Year
You would need to check with GDE. The tune restricts the need to recirculate exhaust Gases back to EGR/Plenum. GDE uses in head EGR tuning to lower NOx to EPA tier 3 Levels.
Thanks for the info and advice TC! I'll touch base with GDE and sort it out.