• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen issue

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
So even though I’ve posted many times this is not a grocery getter, I went from putting a 100,000 on my truck in two years to driving it just 4 miles a day because we bought a retail store.
About a week and half ago, I got the 80% warning and went to drive my truck on the highway to clear out the filter. Even though I drove 30 minutes at 70mph the filter eventually went to 100% and now it really sucks and displayed the “go to dealer for servicing” message. I was at my mechanic yesterday and we did the forced regen program with his computer 4 times and it still will not clear it out. As soon as the exhaust gas temps get 1080 it suddenly drops about 150 degrees. If the dealer can’t get the truck to regen what am I supposed to do? I have 195,xxx miles and it’s still under warranty, but I suspect they’ll find a way to say this isn’t covered. Is a full delete essentially my only option or has someone had this issue as well? I have a 2014 Longhorn and the truck has never let me down, but I knew how it needed to be driven and used. Unfortunately, I had no control on the contract we had that took me off the road and in the back of my mind, these short drives are what worried me the most, and it has become a reality.
Any useful help would be appreciated, and again, I’m very familiar with these and know what caused the issue. All I’m looking for is a solution since the recommended option to take it to the dealer did not work.

GTexpress

Nov 9, 2023
Truck Year
From what I have heard is that it will not kill it just make it sound like it will. If it is mixed get it out of the tank and put some clear diesel and either try to drive (it out) or let it idle till it clears up.
GT