• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen question

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
On my way to work the regen message came up saying I was at 80% by the time I got to work I was down to 50%. When I get off work should I go for a long drive. Hopefully shutting off the truck in a middle of a regen is ok.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
It's not the best practice to shut it down during a regeneration but shouldn't hurt it. My feelings about the whole thing is I just try and limit it's cycles by watching my CS2 and let the truck complete it's process. I figure the components have a certain lifespan, and if I can eliminate partial burns then I'm ahead of the game.

As far as you going on a long drive after work, unless you have a monitor to force a regeneration, you won't get into another until you reach the 66%+/- threshold...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's not the best practice to shut it down during a regeneration but shouldn't hurt it. My feelings about the whole thing is I just try and limit it's cycles by watching my CS2 and let the truck complete it's process. I figure the components have a certain lifespan, and if I can eliminate partial burns then I'm ahead of the game.

As far as you going on a long drive after work, unless you have a monitor to force a regeneration, you won't get into another until you reach the 66%+/- threshold...

I've had that same thought process. But, thinking more and more about it I feel like after warranty it's going to be cheaper to let the DPF "fall off" and buy the necessary tuner then to replace the factory emissions system. I know on the bigger disesls that system is upwards of $3000 dollars. I'm not sure what the cost is on a EcoDiesel yet.

But back on topic.. I probably wouldn't worry about the current state (50%) unless you don't plan on ANY highway driving anytime soon..

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Exactly. I'll play nice and keep it all intact until it's going to be a huge expense. At that time it probably won't be my everyday driver anyhow so I'll feel less guilty deleting the emission equipment.

SuperTodd

Sep 28, 2015
Truck Year
I live in southern Or and vehicles have to pass DEQ- visual and emission testing, so removing emission stuff isn't an option until vehicle is 21 yrs old.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I live in southern Or and vehicles have to pass DEQ- visual and emission testing, so removing emission stuff isn't an option until vehicle is 21 yrs old.

Wow..!

Yea, best to treat the regeneration process as well as you can then.