• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen started at 90%

SOMD_ECO

Jun 25, 2020
Truck Year
I have the GDE compliant tune and get around 400 miles per regen and they always start at 80%. This morning as soon as I started the truck up the regen message popped up and it said 90% full. It took longer than usual to start counting down, approximately 20 miles, and it killed my mpg by 1.5, usually is about 1.0 and sometimes less. Anyone else ever experienced this? I did do a 400+ mile trip this weekend that was mostly highway. Did have two periods of stop and go due to an accident on the bay bridge and then stop and go coming back but enough highway driving to have over 26 mpg overall.

SOMD_ECO

Jun 25, 2020
Truck Year
Perhaps the truck wasn't able to regen before you turned it off? A lot of variable go into a regen starting, running, and then finishing
The previous regen had counted down and finished. I waste my precious time and diesel and always drive until they finish. I freaked out at the 90% reading. I was going to buy the alfaobd software to do the manual regen if it went in to limp mode.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The previous regen had counted down and finished. I waste my precious time and diesel and always drive until they finish. I freaked out at the 90% reading. I was going to buy the alfaobd software to do the manual regen if it went in to limp mode.

It's a good idea... my truck had the worst timing.. it seem like after an hour drive I would park and home and as soon as I'm fixing to park you could tell regen just kicked in.