• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regen

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Got a question,,,, I've been reading a few of the forums and seen people talking about a regen cycle. Without having the GDE Computer, how do I know my truck is performing a regen? A little confused here.

Thanks in advance.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Got a question,,,, I've been reading a few of the forums and seen people talking about a regen cycle. Without having the GDE Computer, how do I know my truck is performing a regen? A little confused here.

Thanks in advance.

The truck is designed for you not to know about it. The only time you would know is if you're close to the max capacity and the truck tells you to "keep driving" etc.

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
And what happens if I don't keep driving? I'm a bit of a rebel....

Mr Reed

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Every now and again, not all the time, I smell something hot, but can never pin point it. Is this a regeneration taking place?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need IQ, IDash ,CTS or some app that reads Active Regens, Most EDs 200-300 mile Active cycles , it worth the Money to Buy the device.
Be careful on forums...... losts of Armchair wanna be mechanics. GDE has no device available for displaying the info.

Jbuzzm

Oct 9, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Ecodiesel. Seems to regen after about 20 miles of around town driving over a 3 day period. This is a pain as I then need to take it out on the highway to burn off. Is this normal?

Jbuzzm

Oct 9, 2016
Truck Year
30,000 miles. Had driven 160 highway miles on Friday, regen today with about 25 town miles. Recently at dealer had part of regen replaced as sensor was gone. Apparently uptodate on computer. Not really worried but regening more often than I anticipated. Also don't know if I should let it idle more to warm up. J

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
This truck, like most diesels, will only warm up so much with idling alone. It needs driven to come up to temp.

If I were you, I'd invest in a monitor to keep tabs on soot %. It will help you control the regens a bit better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk