• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regens

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I happen to stumble on the answer online. It sounds practical but probably doesn't work. Has anyone attempted this method? I use am alpha as a backup if I am in an area where a longer drive is not practical.

How do you force a regen on a ecodiesel?

Press the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal at the same time, and wait for the DPF warning light to blink, and the cluster to display the message “Cleaning DPF start the engine and keep the vehicle stationary”.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
I happen to stumble on the answer online. It sounds practical but probably doesn't work. Has anyone attempted this method? I use am alpha as a backup if I am in an area where a longer drive is not practical.

How do you force a regen on a ecodiesel?

Press the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal at the same time, and wait for the DPF warning light to blink, and the cluster to display the message “Cleaning DPF start the engine and keep the vehicle stationary”.
I tried different variations of this and nothing happened…

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
I tried different variations of this and nothing happened…
It sounded to simple for Chrysler. I wish it would Regen like my Colorado. You know, whenever it needs to, not only when it is going down the highway like our EDs.

Freedom319

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
It sounded to simple for Chrysler. I wish it would Regen like my Colorado. You know, whenever it needs to, not only when it is going down the highway like our EDs.
Agreed, there are some programmers that can force a regen. I will delete my truck and maybe do a programmer when my warranty is up…I’ve been fortunate though, I’m pushing 190,000 miles and have not had any major issues.

Fuelie

Mar 23, 2023
Truck Year
It might be interesting for you to get a OBD adaptor and download the free OBDlink app and see if you even need a regen. I have been learning a lot about regens lately with my '23. I watch my DPF soot level, inlet temp, regen status and regen type.
Im a nerd and like to watch it go into passive regen and the soot levels go down. I have yet to catch a full blown regen which happens when the passive won't reduce the soot levels fast enough.
Just a thought.
Tom