• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Regrets

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Hello everyone!
Been lurking for past 3 weeks figured I’d come out of hiding.
New (used) 2016 ED owner. About 40k miles. Owned for 2 months, going back into the shop next week for second time.
Currently feeling the pain of owning an untested engine.
Can’t wait to read up on threads concerning massive coolant loss out of nowhere and the current EGR recall.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its tested, and much info on its shorting comings.

I read these posts often, why is it Buyers disregard all the warnings? Now if you visted 1500diesel.com your another victim of the propaganda.
That sites Mods would be cheerleading the VM3.0 even when losing 110-0 with 1.00 minute to play.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Midnight more details would help?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome these trucks r unpredictable u have 2 check the fluids regular any one that buys a used eco is buying trouble it is bad enough buying a new one and taking a chance with it let us know what the shop finds

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello everyone!
Been lurking for past 3 weeks figured I’d come out of hiding.
New (used) 2016 ED owner. About 40k miles. Owned for 2 months, going back into the shop next week for second time.
Currently feeling the pain of owning an untested engine.
Can’t wait to read up on threads concerning massive coolant loss out of nowhere and the current EGR recall.

Welcome. Hopefully the dealer takes care of you! I have a few EcoDiesel owners local to me with no issues, others aren't so lucky. I no longer have mine for that reason.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
BoostN, I'm all over FCA on these QC, Its VM and Fiat Europe (NOT FCA). Hopefully the QC at Cento will improve, End of next or early 2021 that's the Target Date for the Next Gen 6.7, NO VGT, External EGR... I think the Dsl engine will be turning the corner on these Emissions problems....I can only Hope that FPT takeovers at VM and retools and updates that Factory.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Its tested, and much info on its shorting comings.

I read these posts often, why is it Buyers disregard all the warnings? Now if you visted 1500diesel.com your another victim of the propaganda.
That sites Mods would be cheerleading the VM3.0 even when losing 110-0 with 1.00 minute to play.

Correct, would be a bad decision to buy a product without research. Although can’t believe everything you hear and read. Especially on the internet.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome. Hopefully the dealer takes care of you! I have a few EcoDiesel owners local to me with no issues, others aren't so lucky. I no longer have mine for that reason.

Right on, thanks. we’ll see how it goes.
Don’t like to put people out not in person, but truck was back at dealership the following opening day.
Admitted no pre sale inspection.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
welcome these trucks r unpredictable u have 2 check the fluids regular any one that buys a used eco is buying trouble it is bad enough buying a new one and taking a chance with it let us know what the shop finds

Thanks for the the advice.
First repair was nox related (sensor).
5 days later, truck almost overheated, coolant reservoir was very low (...1/2” or so).
Went to add coolant, cap broke into pieces.
And then another warning light.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Correct, would be a bad decision to buy a product without research. Although can’t believe everything you hear and read. Especially on the internet.

I agree, The Internet a two edge sword, You can use it to cut to the facts, or allow yourself to be cut by it...

I'm shocked by how America is so deceived By Over seas Sources especially Europe and China Sources. Yes Not all things Made whole in America are above par, but when stuff happens the info Always readily Available in most cases if made in America.

VM is in Italy, Italy is part of Europe last time I checked, Europe in General believes in over engineering and under development...The 3.0VM is loaded with this, Example the EGR is complicated and under develop, the Intake same Problem, the Turbo and all its piping sucks.

In DD use its plague with short comings, and the 2014-19 Future will be laden with parts concerns because the engine is out of Production, and cost are going to be astronautical

All these problems are the same for most products made over sea's