• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Spouses can be that way. Frankly, mine encouraged me to trade this in on a Hemi! But we're talking about retirement (and I normally keep my vehicles 10+ years) and traveling, so we can't afford an unreliable engine while tugging around a 6000 lb., 25-foot RV.
:unsure:
Well you could do that but you never will get that strange look that people give you when you drive up in a ram 1500 eco-diesel. But as with everything else in life , It all comes down to what you want. I will be looking at retirement myself In 26 months, I plan to drive my Ram until it dies.

14LonestarECD

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Does the AEM recall have to be completed before I get an offer back from FCA? I filed my claim mid-late May and the process seems to have stalled at documents received.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Does the AEM recall have to be completed before I get an offer back from FCA? I filed my claim mid-late May and the process seems to have stalled at documents received.
After you get your documents signed and notarized you will go to the dealer and have the AEM completed. The dealer will upload the completion to FCA. FCA will send you a confirmation email that they have received all your paperwork. Once they get that they will mail you a check for $3078 , if you are the original owner. The whole process takes three weeks or less.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
After you get your documents signed and notarized you will go to the dealer and have the AEM completed. The dealer will upload the completion to FCA. FCA will send you a confirmation email that they have received all your paperwork. Once they get that they will mail you a check for $3078 , if you are the original owner. The whole process takes three weeks or less.
You're lucky if it only took three weeks. I'm at a month, and FCA couldn't even confirm I had the AEM completed - even though the dealership posted it as having been done in mid-May AND also already got their labor reimbursement for doing the AEM work from FCA. Yet they (FCA) were telling me as recently as last week I needed to get the AEM done in order to get the settlement money. And (and I know I'm sound like a broken record here) I reach out them once or twice a week about my out-of-pocket costs for replacing the EGR cooler (now covered under the extended emissions warranty) and no one can definitively tell me the status of that. The latest they said to me was, "Oh, that's a different department than the emissions settlement team; this will take three to six weeks..." (And I paid for THAT repair - and opened up a case/claim for it - back in APRIL.) And so it goes....
😕

Last edited:

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
You're lucky if it only took three weeks. I'm at a month, and FCA couldn't even confirm I had the AEM completed - even though the dealership posted it as having been done in mid-May AND also already got their labor reimbursement for doing the AEM work from FCA. Yet they (FCA) were telling me as recently as last week I needed to get the AEM done in order to get the settlement money. And (and I know I'm sound like a broken record here) I reach out them once or twice a week about my out-of-pocket costs for replacing the EGR cooler (now covered under the extended emissions warranty) and no one can definitively tell me the status of that. The latest they said to me was, "Oh, that's a different department than the emissions settlement team; this will take three to six weeks..." (And I paid for THAT repair - and opened up a case/claim for it - back in APRIL.) And so it goes....
😕
I can only HOPE AND PRAY things change for you .

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
Mando Michigan Mark, I also live in Mi. and had the same issue. What I did was e-mailed them photos of the completed docs. That includes the extended emissions warranty ( the one with the little label on it), the maintenance service receipt, and the approved emissions modifications warranty. The matter was resolved within a day. I found that calling them gets you know where, the proof in the pics are what seem to matter. I like others have not gotten my settlement check either, I e-mailed them inquiring about it! I will keep you all posted if I get a response from them.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Mando Michigan Mark, I also live in Mi. and had the same issue. What I did was e-mailed them photos of the completed docs. That includes the extended emissions warranty ( the one with the little label on it), the maintenance service receipt, and the approved emissions modifications warranty. The matter was resolved within a day. I found that calling them gets you know where, the proof in the pics are what seem to matter. I like others have not gotten my settlement check either, I e-mailed them inquiring about it! I will keep you all posted if I get a response from them.
Thanks Ram'in and Jamm'in. I did email them copies of the work orders and all that, and a couple days later the status changed to 'Processing Settlement Check', with an hourglass next to the Settlement Check Mailed. I've also emailed (for a different case number) all the paperwork, receipt and so on for the EGR cooler replacement, and can't get any traction on that reimbursement. (Other than, "Oh, that takes 30 to 60 days; didn't anyone tell you that?") So I'm waiting for that as well.

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
I got ya. Mine did that for like a week and a half, then turned to a check mark. I have yet to see the check. I wish ya the best of luck. It's too bad we have to jump thru all the hoops to get results. Have you tried talking to your Dealers service manager about the issue, maybe they can get with their warranty person ?

Para0203

May 16, 2019
Truck Year

Good call. You got a good email for them? I personally haven’t seen movement on my claim and it’s been over 5 weeks.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Mine finally reflects 'Check Mailed.' The details show it as a 'partial settlement: "We have sent partial payment now and will send a subsequent check if it is later determined that no eligible former owner or former lessee has made a valid claim related to your vehicle." You can influence that - I chose this route because otherwise you sit on your thumbs until August 1, 2019....and then wait who knows how long for the entire $3075. Since the only 'previous owner' of my truck has passed away, I don't see anyone else putting in for a share of the settlement and hope to see the $615 ($2460 is allegedly on its way to me) sometime in.... Late August? Mid-September? :cautious:

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
mine has showed check mailed for over two weeks. They must have mailed it from another planet.
Did it arrive finally? Or are you still waiting...? Doesn't give me warm fuzzies about getting the reimbursement $$ for my out-of-pocket costs of the EGR cooler replacement anytime soon... I want both of them just as a matter of principle!
🤔

Last edited:

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Did it arrive finally? Or are you still waiting...? Doesn't give me warm fuzzies about getting the reimbursement $$ for my out-of-pocket costs of the EGR cooler replacement anytime soon... I want both of them just as a matter of principle!
🤔
I got nothing yet

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
I got my first settlement check today! Now we just have to wait for the second check to be mailed ( providing the previous owner didn't file a claim.) Will have to wait and see.

relkunk2

Apr 6, 2018
Truck Year
I'm also the only owner and I'm getting this from the claims site. I have the AEM completed near mid May.2186