• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reliabilaty

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
I should not have read the Postings, Engine failures etc. I was quite happy with my Truck, 2016, 26000 km,no real problems. After doing a lot of reading, I'm starting to loose faith in that engine. Don't want to worry every time I'm on a trip if it is going to last. Some times I drive long distances, 1000 km+ a day, towing in remote areas. I'm seriously considering going to a 2500 Cummins.
Any thoughts and advice?
Thanks, SLT.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you do OAs you will know what you have, Its establish trends that count, So if you start Now you will know what you have in the next 3 service intervals. I will post My OAs from New, It now has 41K miles, I have No problem driving all around the USA during Truck pulling season.

Attachments

• 15 ECODIESEL-170806.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 15

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
If you do OAs you will know what you have, Its establish trends that count, So if you start Now you will know what you have in the next 3 service intervals. I will post My OAs from New, It now has 41K miles, I have No problem driving all around the USA during Truck pulling season.
I don't even know where to go to get an Oil Analysis done. I guess I'll ask at the Kenworth Shop. How often do you change your Oil? I have changed mine 3 times so far, 1st at 3400km (2100mi), 2nd at 11800km (7300mi), 3rd at 21000km (13050mi). First two were Euro L Oil, the last one T6 5W-40. Don't drive the Truck much in the Winter, but travel more in the Summer going south with my 5th Wheel. I really like the Truck, just don't want to worry whether it gets me home or not when I'm on the road. On my last Trip I saved $400.- just on Fuel compared to my previous Truck. That's one reason I bought the Ram.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Up in CA just ask around, We Use Blackstone. The 3.0 is reliable with proper maintenance and OAs, The Rotating Mass will show signs prior to failing.. Yep The 3.0 Mileage is Awesome. Please Stay away form 1500diesel.com.... or use caution . I'm banned form that Place after throwing a couple of their Mods into the dirt.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
SLT, What are you pulling with the ED 3.0? if its Big You should consider More iron to pull it.

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
SLT, What are you pulling with the ED 3.0? if its Big You should consider More iron to pull it.
I'm pulling a smaller 5th Wheel RV trailer, 4500 to 5000 lbs. Used to pull it with a Nissan Frontier. I choose the ED over the Cummins. I thought it was overkill for what I'm using it for.
Thanks for your advice,
SLT.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Seems like if they’re gonna blow they’re gonna blow, if you get a good one they’ll last for a long time. All mechanical things fail, including the Cummins, be a happy and motor on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLT

Mar 28, 2016
Truck Year
Seems like if they’re gonna blow they’re gonna blow, if you get a good one they’ll last for a long time. All mechanical things fail, including the Cummins, be a happy and motor on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobcat, you are right. For some Reason I got really worried after reading a lot of Postings. Thanks for your comment.