• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remote Start Enable AlfaOBD

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Hello, I'm Curious if anyone can tell me what size resistor to put into the hood latch wire socket in order to enable the remote Start Feature using AlfaOBD, I watched a video of a guy doing it, but he won't disclose what size resistor to put in the hood latch sensor socket and wont answer any one who asks him the same question
his you tube channel goes by the name of BoostedMotorSports

Can Any one of you fine people help a guy out with this question??

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
After watching the video (which is a terrible tutorial BTW) multiple comments in the comment section say "A 1000 ohm 5 watt 1 amp resistor"

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Just did the whole procedure on my 2015 Laramie. What an awesome upgrade for under $100.00. Bought the recommended FOB from Amazon as well as the 1K ohm 1 Watt resistor hooked up AlfaOBD and in 20 minutes I have factory remote start. I followed Boosted directions to a tee on both his videos and the most important part is to take the truck for a drive after install ...for whatever reason this enacts the remote. Been working like a charm!

Here's my parts from Amazon Canada....

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Hello, I'm Curious if anyone can tell me what size resistor to put into the hood latch wire socket in order to enable the remote Start Feature using AlfaOBD, I watched a video of a guy doing it, but he won't disclose what size resistor to put in the hood latch sensor socket and wont answer any one who asks him the same question
his you tube channel goes by the name of BoostedMotorSports

Can Any one of you fine people help a guy out with this question??
1k ohm 1 Watt......

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
so did you have to buy the remote start kit from molar also?
No kit.....it was as simple as Boosted Motorsports shows in the video. I think the higher trim Rams come with it already in the RF Hub. If you have that plug dangling by the radiator that's the first sign that your Ram is equipped with remote start. I just installed the resistor, ran the AlfaOBD procedure and in less than 20 minutes my truck had remote start.....the other method is to purchase the hood latch with the plug that accepts that loose plug........

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I actually had a crappy aftermarket remote start module that I took out recently and was talking to another Ecodiesel owner who directed me to the YouTube video. I couldn't believe how simple and cheap it was to get a factory remote start that was there the whole time!

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
#1 ....Check that the plug is there, hanging off wire harness
#2....Purchase the FOB and resistors from Amazon
#3....Plug resistor into plug....tape and zip tie
#4....Program new FOB with AlfaOBD... exactly as Boosted Motorsports does
#5....Program RF and Body Modules with AlfaOBD to enable remote start and turn on resistor trick.... exactly as Boosted does
#6....Take truck for a drive
#7....Turn off truck and try the remote function on FOB
#8....Welcome to having a factory remote start for under $100 CAD $50 USD

DEALER MUST MAKE A KILLING DOING THIS SIMPLE UPGRADE....EVEN IF YOU GO WITH THE LATCH AS OPPOSED TO RESISTOR YOU'RE SAVING A NICE CHUNK OF CASH

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Here's the plug location......

Attachments

• PKZVYC1.jpg
    PKZVYC1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
#1 ....Check that the plug is there, hanging off wire harness
#2....Purchase the FOB and resistors from Amazon
#3....Plug resistor into plug....tape and zip tie
#4....Program new FOB with AlfaOBD... exactly as Boosted Motorsports does
#5....Program RF and Body Modules with AlfaOBD to enable remote start and turn on resistor trick.... exactly as Boosted does
#6....Take truck for a drive
#7....Turn off truck and try the remote function on FOB
#8....Welcome to having a factory remote start for under $100 CAD $50 USD

DEALER MUST MAKE A KILLING DOING THIS SIMPLE UPGRADE....EVEN IF YOU GO WITH THE LATCH AS OPPOSED TO RESISTOR YOU'RE SAVING A NICE CHUNK OF CASH
I have wanted remote start for a while. Will definitely get out and check for that plug but I am not too optimistic as I have the Bighorn Package that is probably not considered an upper trim model.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I have wanted remote start for a while. Will definitely get out and check for that plug but I am not too optimistic as I have the Bighorn Package that is probably not considered an upper trim model.
Keep us posted.....it would be cool to keep a record of what trims actually have this

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
No kit.....it was as simple as Boosted Motorsports shows in the video. I think the higher trim Rams come with it already in the RF Hub. If you have that plug dangling by the radiator that's the first sign that your Ram is equipped with remote start. I just installed the resistor, ran the AlfaOBD procedure and in less than 20 minutes my truck had remote start.....the other method is to purchase the hood latch with the plug that accepts that loose plug........

I did this to my truck last night but it appears that the hood latch sensor wire harnes is not pluged into the BCM i know this because it says remot start cancled hood open but i have the resistor in and every thing done right on alfa so now i need to figure out how to connet that harnes to the BCM just need the pinn out for the entire BCM and to find where the hood latch wire ends so i can connect it

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I did this to my truck last night but it appears that the hood latch sensor wire harnes is not pluged into the BCM i know this because it says remot start cancled hood open but i have the resistor in and every thing done right on alfa so now i need to figure out how to connet that harnes to the BCM just need the pinn out for the entire BCM and to find where the hood latch wire ends so i can connect it
I have seen the pin diagram for this on one of the forum's....I'll post ASAP

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Well i fugured it out, and it works great, if any one is looking for the plug and the pin out for connector a pin 11 here it is, this plug is pocated at the top right corner of the BCM, simply put a wire and a female pin in the BCM plug and solder an inline resitor (1000ohm 1w 5amp) to the wire and and longer wire on the other end of the resistor and ground it to the body anywhere you can find a good solid ground, and enable the remote start feature using alfa OBD and take it for a drive, and enjoy! And dont forget to get a new rubber keypad that has the remote start button on it and swap it out on your key fob...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-121117_Write on PDF.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-121117_Write on PDF.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20221203-121124_Write on PDF.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-121124_Write on PDF.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13