• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remote Start Enable AlfaOBD

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Hello, I'm Curious if anyone can tell me what size resistor to put into the hood latch wire socket in order to enable the remote Start Feature using AlfaOBD, I watched a video of a guy doing it, but he won't disclose what size resistor to put in the hood latch sensor socket and wont answer any one who asks him the same question
his you tube channel goes by the name of BoostedMotorSports

Can Any one of you fine people help a guy out with this question??
Sorry this plug is at the top left if the BCM

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Well i fugured it out, and it works great, if any one is looking for the plug and the pin out for connector a pin 11 here it is, this plug is pocated at the top left corner of the BCM, simply put a wire and a female pin in the BCM plug and solder an inline resitor (1000ohm 1w 5amp) to the wire and and longer wire on the other end of the resistor and ground it to the body anywhere you can find a good solid ground, and enable the remote start feature using alfa OBD and take it for a drive, and enjoy! And dont forget to get a new rubber keypad that has the remote start button on it and swap it out on your key fob...

Just-a-guy

Jan 2, 2022
Truck Year
Keep us posted.....it would be cool to keep a record of what trims actually have this
Well i can tell you the SLT has the plug by the hood latch but terminates under the fuse pannel that is under the hood, had to add a pin to plug A, pin 11 on the BCM and solder the resistor to the wire then grounded the resostor and it worked, so basically the SLT is not eqqupied but can be easily, next il try it on my dads 2016 big horn and il let you know the results

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well i can tell you the SLT has the plug by the hood latch but terminates under the fuse pannel that is under the hood, had to add a pin to plug A, pin 11 on the BCM and solder the resistor to the wire then grounded the resostor and it worked, so basically the SLT is not eqqupied but can be easily, next il try it on my dads 2016 big horn and il let you know the results
Sounds good, I have ordered the new hood latch and key fobs. If you don't mind when you get ready to do your dads could you snap a few photos of the wire, pin size, and resistor?
I took a close look at the connector under the fuse box today but can't really tell if the wire is or isn't there. When I get all my parts assembled I will try it first and see if I need to add the pin to plug A.
It doesn't seem to difficult but I am breaking new ground for myself.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well it appears I DO have the plug by the hood latch.
Next step is to order a key and new latch (or resistor) Will keep this thread updated.
Well it took me a while to a a round tuit but since starting this I have installed the new hood latch and successfully programmed 2 keys. I will be going through the activation process for remote start soon. I really don't like the boosted motorsports video... "go here", "go there", "click here". Will take my time and try and write some good instructions down first.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well we can add a 2015 Bighorn (SLT) to the list that has all the wiring for remote start.
I installed the factory hood latch with wiring and programmed 2 keys as I stated above.
Then I used this process:
Body Computer- Car configuration change
Remote start present- yes
CBC I/O hood ajar switch input present- yes
CBC I/O usage hood ajar switch usage- 1k parallel resistor
Radio Frequency Hub, then MY2013-2017 PowerNet.
RF Hub reset/replace. Enter PIN and click start. After procedure complete, back out of the app, turn ignition off, remove fob, and exit truck close doors. Let truck sit for a bit, then try remote starting.

Let the truck sit overnight, went for a drive, came back and viola! Factory remote start! Success!

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
It's crazy I had this option sitting dormant all these years.......it's also crazy what the stealership charges to get a factory remote install....I was quoted around $800.00 CAD in 2018 at our local Dodge lot