• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

remote start

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I'm having a problem with my remote start on my 2016 dodge ram diesel. when I hit the remote start button the truck starts and then shuts off after 15 seconds.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm having a problem with my remote start on my 2016 dodge ram diesel. when I hit the remote start button the truck starts and then shuts off after 15 seconds.

Do you have any trouble codes? Is the hood shut?

Those are the common factors to the truck shutting off.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Every thing is good, full take of fuel, full of DEF, the only thing i can figure was I am in Pennsylvania for holiday and it was 7 degrees out side, but i feel that should have no bearing on this not working..

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Every thing is good, full take of fuel, full of DEF, the only thing i can figure was I am in Pennsylvania for holiday and it was 7 degrees out side, but i feel that should have no bearing on this not working..

It shouldn't. Go by an auto parts store and see if any trouble codes are stored in the system. They can clear them if so.. Major auto parts store do this for free.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Here an update on what happen, I went to the dealer a 15 minutes before they opened, I had no appointment and I am from out of state. I explained the problem and told them I had a video on the phone to show how the truck was acting when I use the remote start. They were not interested in viewing, what I had. But right at 8 am, when they opened, I seen the mechanic get into my truck and drive it into the building. The customer service adviser came to me in the waiting room, and said I need to replace the knock sensor, the dealership did not have one knock sensor on hand and will have one shipped in from Boston and it will be at the shop in 3 days. I explained I was planning on traveling back home to NC on the 27, they told me as soon as sensor arrives I will be called to come in and it will be installed, and I will be ready to travel on the 27.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
NOX sensor is the word you're looking for I believe