• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacement engine for 2014 ecodiesel

Cavsbestfan

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Well hopefully no one redeemed that claim. I’ll use whatever money they give me as down payment money if I can’t get them to buy it back or lemon law it. I’m not the original owner.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Lemon law it? Its 5 years old with 82k plus miles. But buy it back might be possible if you have only recently bought it. Yes hopefully no one has redeemed that claim. I would feel fortunate you made the cut off and have a brand new engine at no cost to you. Consider tuning it especially at no cost.

Maintain it ie change the oil, 10k rated filter, and Mopar fuel filter per manufacturer 10 & 30K intervals. Let it get warmed up to full operating temp say 200 water and expect 200k plus out of your new motor as many have already gotten. If you live in a cold climate there is a plug behind the passenger side top front corner of your radiator so that you can plug it in when overnight temps are going to be well into the freezing range for quick warm up and quick best fuel economy. Also the leather weather front that covers the radiator is great when temps are constantly well below freezing.

Many who have a basic understanding of current diesel emissions and diesel engines really come to love this quiet smooth efficient little 30 hwy capable mpg diesel. Especially if they put on lots of miles and or tow 1/2 ton appropriate loads. Best and enjoy.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The title of efficiency is NO longer is applicable, the 2019s MPG Gas VS Diesel in the 1/2 Market=Cost.

It will take 300K miles just to break even on the 2020 3.0VM model vs the 5.7/3.6 and that's at VM3.0 needing 0 maintenance other then LOFs.

In 4.5 Years of Ownership My 2015 hit 30MPG twice at 65MPH the instant you drove 70MPH it drop to 25-27, 75MPH 23-25. My2019 Limited get 18-20MPG at 75MPH. CAA complaint.

Now My 2019 is CAA legal and will need 3 sets of Spark plugs at 300K miles Plus LOFs, Yes Their are 10s of 1000s 5.7 @ 200K miles+ and many @ 300K miles, were VernDiesel #s are deleted and Illegal... VernDiesel you seem to leave the Legal Details out.

I bleed Diesel, I hate the 3.0VM...IMO Many DD users will come to the same conclusion, the best Day of 3.0VM is the Day it leaves for good.

I do agree it seems to do 3.0VM OK at 80% Hwy 20% Mixed. Reverse this and it will suck your bank account up in long term ownership.

The VM 3.0 is Made in Cento Italy, its over Engineered and under develop, The Orgrinal design was for 3200LB Car , Fait/VM bringing it to America thinking it can compete in a 6000LB truck in legal DD use is never goona Happen.

Cavsbestfan

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
Lemon law it? Its 5 years old with 82k plus miles. But buy it back might be possible if you have only recently bought it. Yes hopefully no one has redeemed that claim. I would feel fortunate you made the cut off and have a brand new engine at no cost to you. Consider tuning it especially at no cost.

Maintain it ie change the oil, 10k rated filter, and Mopar fuel filter per manufacturer 10 & 30K intervals. Let it get warmed up to full operating temp say 200 water and expect 200k plus out of your new motor as many have already gotten. If you live in a cold climate there is a plug behind the passenger side top front corner of your radiator so that you can plug it in when overnight temps are going to be well into the freezing range for quick warm up and quick best fuel economy. Also the leather weather front that covers the radiator is great when temps are constantly well below freezing.

Many who have a basic understanding of current diesel emissions and diesel engines really come to love this quiet smooth efficient little 30 hwy capable mpg diesel. Especially if they put on lots of miles and or tow 1/2 ton appropriate loads. Best and enjoy.
Technically it’s not lemon law, it’s an act. I need to research it some more.

Geoling

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
Gotcha on the 18 days. Wow you were fortunate there. Also that the ED has the 100k warranty instead of the 60k that the gassers get.

AEM is the government/ law suit settlement retune (detune) and up to $3,075 that 2014 through 2016 trucks qualify for. If you never got notification then see your dealer. Basically they retune both your engine control module and the transmission control module aka a tune. Supposed to be better for the environment which actually is debatable but at any rate it’s not so good for your truck.

That being what it is many allow the dealership to do the AEM tune and then take their check and buy the tunes (now from an out of country such as Canada tuner company) and get a cleaner running more powerful & fuel efficient truck then the stock original usually with the added benefit of an exhaust brake plus other benefits. (Great If you tow a travel trailer etc especially over mountain grades etc) The tune includes software that turns off your EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) a proven needless and engine destructive government mandated emissions device.

There are at least 3 companies based or with affiliations out of country providing them but I only have a link for this one. Maybe something else has a link for others.

Vern, I’ve been snooping around this thread and some others, got a ‘14 ED with 163k miles on it. Had it deleted with Sasquatch exhaust and PPEI tuning at 132k after it went into limp and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

It has run great, although my MPG didn’t really go up (20hp/25lbs tune) and maybe down a little.

I've has absolute hell keeping coolant in it actually since before the delete (reason for delete!). I’m afraid the delete came many miles too late and I’m now paying for damage done by the egr system being faulty for so long. Had a radiator installed and lower hose this week and now it’s pushing coolant out the overflow! I’m guessing maybe a head gasket???

looking at a new engine with immediate delete and tune and just starting over.

I’ve never enjoyed a vehicle so much that gave me this much hell!

Last edited:

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
There is also another much larger ED forum you can snoop in addition to this one. Some experienced diesel mechanics there that may be of help. I don’t know why it’s pushing coolant out your reservoir certainly a blockage or restriction somewhere. Possibly even something simple as a thermostat?

If I am having a dealership work on it I would want it to be with a certified diesel mech schooled on the 3.0. Many city dealership don’t even have a certified diesel mechanic. So they often only know to follow WiTech and swap parts as they don’t know how to properly troubleshoot the engine.

Finding a good diesel mechanic that knows this engine and is interested in fixing it not chastising it’s shortcomings is what you need. Cheaper than bad advice from a “tire changer” mechanic.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
There is also another much larger ED forum you can snoop in addition to this one. Some experienced diesel mechanics there that may be of help.

Wait.. what's wrong with the help here? Just think, only 2900 more messages and we might catch up a bit.. :cool:

1576811002471.png

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would like to point out ,That when I was banned in 2016 From 1500diesel.com it had 26K members, it now has less than 16K members from My sources, You can see Why Vern Dsl is advertising for More members, Vern is also 1 of the sites Mods.

There are good members at that site , but the moderation is damaging. extremely one sided, and that site sponsoring of the 3.0VM short comings has just empowered Fait/VM to continue fleecing Owners.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Wherever Geoling can get help here there both it’s all good in my eyes. It’s not like there is paid subscriptions.

TC I think most people are tired of your 3 years of sour grapes and I don’t think anybody cares about your being banned from a forum. Nobody has requested your reinstatement. You can blame the moderators ganged up on me or whatever but it came down to you refusing to follow forum rules. How does your post help Geoling with his truck?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Does advertising for another forum on Here help Geoling, 1500.diesel.com has did more damage to the 3.0 Owners By its continue false promotions I would not want anyone to drink the sour Kool-Aid that is sponsor at the 1500diesel.XXX.

LMBO, Its apparent why the 1500.diesel.XXX has declining membership. Its NOT moderation, its censorship, agree with the sites mods or be punished.

Vern your being misled about my departure from 1500diesel.com.

I started deleting all My Posts, 97hxxx ,PM if I no longer wanted to be a member and participate, I'm deleting My posts That's when I was banned ,1550diesel.XXX could not handle the rejection.

1500diesel.com Mods should view how Boostn handle's matters, His moderation is fair an open, Vern you have some great abilities why waste at 1500diesel.com. Crash also, That sites owner will use anything for advertising value to enhance its Value, GDE drink its Kool-Aid and look what happen, I'm sure the auto-forums are not helping financially with GDE legal problems?