• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

REPORT: EPA to hold hearing today about new cheating allegations

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Awesome.... I really wanted this ED platform to be successful, I was critical of the issues in the name of getting FCA to fix the stuff before it was to late... Now its a ugly road to hoe. I don't see FCA getting out of this one anything short of buy backs. if they don't lawsuits will ensued, The EPA will stand their Ground like they always Have.

As far as FCA comment on the incoming Trump Admin, Here's My take on that.

Its not likely any flash will meet the standard, Small displacement diesels make huge amounts of NOx . they have been trying to get 2013-16 to meet the cert for the last 14 months, If they had the fix it would have been implemented in 2017 and recall all 2013-16.

Ford spent 500 million in its small displacement Diesel production and another 100-300 million in development.

Trumps administration is certainly NOT going to exonerate any corporation from pass violation on EPA and Gov requirements. They will/May focus on lessening future requirements. As this unfolds FCA will sink deeper into trouble.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ford spent millions on development. FCA took a motor that was designed to be implemented into a 3200LBS car, ask it to push a truck that 6000lbs and pull another 7500lbs... My guess it will 4.0L+ the 3.2 @185HP just won't sell in the F-150.

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
I finally had enough of 1500diesel.com, The Mods ( except Crash) at that Forum did more damage to the Future of the ED than the EPA, they welcome new member with (Welcome have you purchased GDE tune it will save your ED ) the were they were promoting Illegal modifications in the name of profits... If you even questioned the Mods they call you out on speculation.

In the name of fairness tuning violates the law . voids your warranty , Its your choice's, the mods never mentioned that GDE voids your warranty, You mention deleting at any other forum and the next post from members was YOU ARE YOUR OWN WARRNTY STATION, most OWNERS EXCEPTED THAT, but those words mentioned at 1500deiesel.com the delete post was next followed by a warning.

BoostN do you plan on F-150 Forum? I hope so with what looks like the 3.0 is done for 2017+ the F-150 goona sell.

I'm with you on the other forum, overzealous ineffectual moderation at its finest.

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reimaster

Dec 26, 2016
Truck Year
I'm not a diesel or pollution control mechanic or engineer, so my opinions and observations may be totally incorrect. However this is what I understand regarding the "Auxiliary Emission Control Devices," that car makers are required to incorporate into their vehicles and are the issue between FCA and the EPA. These devices are controlled by software that senses when certain environmental conditions exist that would cause engine damage if the pollution control devices performed as they were originally intended to operate. These types of software, change the way emission controls operate, allowing for reduced levels of emission control so as not to damage engines. The EPA allows manufacturers to use these "Auxiliary," software controls. This is entirely legal but the software has to be shared with the EPA and it has to do what the manufacturer says it does. FCA's software according to the EPA does not do that but allows the engine to exceed emission requirements in certain operating conditions. Regardless of the outcome, IMO, if they are software based, a correction to the software should not be impossible to achieve. Which means, that at some point in the not to distant future, we will all line up at our local FCA dealerships for a re-flash. In this situation, there may or may not be subsequent changes in mileage and or drivability but given that once warmed up and all else being equal, there should not be much impact (hopefully!) on mileage and drivability. I don't believe that FCA did the same thing the Volkswagen did by deliberately intending to cheat the emission requirements but it's still too early to tell how this investigation is going to turn out.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The regulations allow the vehicle to be operated in de-rated power levels, if any device fails, you cannot operated the vehicle under any conditions that violate the regulations UNLESS der-rated power or override manually.

I'm Not buying FCAs explanation's, The DOJ going to find FCA grossly violated the regulations and administer Justice according to the law.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Example, I have defeated certain device(s) on the truck, I only get rationale codes under certain conditions, after close to 2 years I can predict the trigger codes, the device(s) are not monitoring full time , they are conditional...

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I'm Not buying FCAs explanation's, The DOJ going to find FCA grossly violated the regulations and administer Justice according to the law.

so you think it's gonna be like VW and the buy backs??

Blackout

Feb 12, 2017
Truck Year
So this sounds like it will take an update of some sort to make our trucks legal...

The EPA is continuing to "evaluate certification of new model year 2017 vehicles," the filing said.

Marchionne said Tuesday if the automaker wins certification for the 2017 models, then "I think we can take that solution and apply it back to the 2014's to 2016 cars."

Full Article:
http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2017/...-trying-to-resolve-us-diesel-emissions-issue/

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Not going to happen........ I robbed banks and got cot 3 years later, I will just make payments to the bank until its all put back W/O interest or criminal charges...OK .. FCA breaks numerous regulations that are well known... had years to correct and did nothing until they were hanging from there Balls....They are looking at billions in just environmental looses in addition to the Judicial penalties....WHY do you think VW capitulated? They new the capital loss was going to be enormous. Corp FCA has gone NutSO...

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Latest article from yesterday:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fiat-chrysler-emissions-idUSKBN16E2SP

In January, the Environmental Protection Agency and California Air Resources Board (CARB) accused the Italian-American automaker of illegally using hidden software to allow excess diesel emissions from 104,000 U.S. trucks and SUVs. The EPA has refused to grant Fiat Chrysler (FCA) approval to sell 2017 diesel models.

"We have been dealing with the EPA and CARB, we have engaged legal counsel. The only thing I can tell you is that we continue to work with the agencies to try and resolve this," Marchionne told reporters at the Geneva auto show.

"We continue to offer full cooperation to the agency to try get this issue resolved. I think my main objective now is to get certification for the 2017 models," he said.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Bosch representative were questioned by German regulators. Bosch admitted to German regulators it designed defeat devices for Fiat models. Each EcoDiesel vehicle Fiat Chrysler produced was equipped with the software, which detects when vehicles are in testing mode and controls their performance and emissions. The defeat devices "served no legitimate purposes and were not disclosed to U.S. regulators" The engine had been developed for use in Europe, where standards for NOx emissions are less stringent, (so Fiat Chrysler) found it necessary to utilize a defeat device in order to certify the engine to U.S. emissions standards ( Allegedly) For now . I did further testing on Monday 4-4-17 and found the EGR to shut under conditions that My device showed %. This proves its conditional not demand. The OP creates soot on levels I've never seen, I'm done with the fake ecoNews supported by the keystroke kings that efforts amount to push buttons, its the gold standard for stupidity IMO.

If anyone dreaming its the fools that still are waiting for magic number to fall on them. VW will be paying 15.3 Billion in civil settlements .Yep When VW wakes up form its dream and the $15.3 Billion is missing reality should settle in.

What 11 months of NO production is common, several civil suits, EPA investigation, DOJ investigations. 3 Years of QC issues. Graphic pictures of failed Motors occurring on scales not reported in years , SCR replacement, failed Oil-exchangers, Caked Valves, Spun Cam Gears, Etc. (Cummins has now join the 3 year 100% replacement gang recall 2013-15 2500-3500).

John

Nov 13, 2015
So are you saying the jury is still out? Thanks for your keystrokes.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
Found a video on you tube I couldn't copy link. But if you go into search engine and type "2017 test on eco diesel". It will come up as first one I believe. It's from ftltrucks produced January of this year.
They review all the new trucks of the year under loads and give some good info. Although the one guy is usually ford biased he does clam up when dodge does better. Anyways, during the test they hook up and test at tailpipe under load at a test facility in Colorado. It showed zero emissions.
Take from it what you want just wanted to post what I found and see what you guys thought. I am seeing this whole this as an admin thing as someone else said in another forum.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
That's a 2016 model boss

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
They have obviously found a major fault, I have yet to see a 2017 model and the year is half over as far as vehicle sales are concerned