• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

S O S. Turbo water tube failure.

RamDiesel1

May 24, 2017
Truck Year
Good morning all. I am having an issue with the Turbo Water Feed Tube. 2014 ED. 180k. It threw a code. I took it to the dealer. They said 2 issues. One is easy. But the TWFT is why i am here.
Water pours out from under the back of the engine with no apparent source, so I am pretty sure the dealer is correct. But The dealer wants $4300 to repair it, and I said I forgot my chkbook! Lol. I cant find vids on how to get to it. I see vids on for “after it is removed” and vids on the hemi but not the ED. I even found removal vids that show what to remove, but not HOW. I have gotten down to most of the wiring harness and the fuel line tubes.
I want to tackle this but not at the expense of losing the truck. I dont have the $4k. Which also means I cant get a replacement truck. Pls help.

simps217

Apr 24, 2021
Truck Year
Good morning all. I am having an issue with the Turbo Water Feed Tube. 2014 ED. 180k. It threw a code. I took it to the dealer. They said 2 issues. One is easy. But the TWFT is why i am here.
Water pours out from under the back of the engine with no apparent source, so I am pretty sure the dealer is correct. But The dealer wants $4300 to repair it, and I said I forgot my chkbook! Lol. I cant find vids on how to get to it. I see vids on for “after it is removed” and vids on the hemi but not the ED. I even found removal vids that show what to remove, but not HOW. I have gotten down to most of the wiring harness and the fuel line tubes.
I want to tackle this but not at the expense of losing the truck. I dont have the $4k. Which also means I cant get a replacement truck. Pls help.
Your best bet is a tech authority subscription that will give you step by step. It’s $35 for 3 days and you’ll be able to download and save as many pages as you want during that time. It’s a long process to ensure you do it right. And you’ll want to replace your intake while you’re at it because it’s gonna be nasty and full of build up. But you’ll have to remove all the fuel lines, injectors, wiring harness, intake, and everything attached to those items. I’ll share more later. But you’ll want to note the injector codes before removing to ensure you put them all back in the same place or you’ll have to get a scan tool to reprogram the injector quantity adjustments.