• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service DEF System Message

Ehume

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2018 with 22K miles. On my way home tonight I got a Service DEF System required. Is this common? What is required of this service? Help and Thanks.

Big_John

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Hopefully you aren't at 100% yet.

I just recently got my first message.... Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service with Dealer. The dealer offered to do a manual regen for the bargain deal of nearly $700. I passed.... My OBD LX module just arrived and I have AlfaOBD loaded on my Android tablet and a manual regen is happening today to the tune of $140.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hopefully you aren't at 100% yet.

I just recently got my first message.... Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service with Dealer. The dealer offered to do a manual regen for the bargain deal of nearly $700. I passed.... My OBD LX module just arrived and I have AlfaOBD loaded on my Android tablet and a manual regen is happening today to the tune of $140.

They seriously wanted to charge $700? That's highway robbery.

Ehume

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just to keep people updated, took it to the dealer. Still trying to come up with a diagnosis, but the dealership said they will be ordering some parts.

Ehume

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
It was a loose connection between the DEF Censor and the DEF pump.

DrummerJon

Jan 22, 2019
Truck Year
I have a friend in the trucking business who says the DEF pumps are constantly having to be replace.
Different system obviously. Just hoping that day never comes for me!