• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

LandonLopez17

Aug 3, 2020
Truck Year
I have had the SERVICE ELECTRIONIC THROTTLE CONTROL on going for about 9 months now on my 2015 ecodiesel with 180,000kms. Originally would come on every few hundred kms and vanish when I shut the vehicle off. It has since become more consistent and I can not go more than 30km (if im lucky) on the highway without the SETC light coming on and losing power. Truck averages 100 km/h on flat ground, but fluctuates about 20 km/h in either direction depending on the grade. Can usually drive city speeds for a long time without any issues. I have had it in to a local mechanic early into all of this but the code cleared before any repair was suggested. Now ive had a $550 diagnosis from the dealership to "replace exhaust temp sensor to start" and im not sure its worth following through. Truck showed codes "P0546" and "P2BA9". Does anyone have any further suggestions as to looking into this myself for a potential solve? Doesnt seem like a clogged dpf (still does regular regen and fuel efficiency is identical
+ loss of power is inconsistent).

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
There's the egr pipe at the back turbo side of the engine that would be the passenger side it is known to crack and leak exhaust gas . This tube is known to break and if it is you will see sout on firewall and it does throw a code of throttle position sensor and P2D2F

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
What vandan said. Plus it can be a dirty map sensor or a dirty EGR tube boost sensor.

greatwhiterev

Aug 18, 2022
Truck Year
just starting to try and solve same issue.....I am fully deleted on egr stuff. That sensor is so easy to replace .....no way I would pay that plus mine threw same code and I have changed with no luck solving issue. MAP sensor was changed on mine as well with no luck either. not sure what to advise you about but i'm thinking on deleting the butterfly valve on mine

TXD

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
Took out the butterfly valve on my truck to solve the service electronic throttle control!!
did you have a tune/delete?
did you have to get any additional tune once the butterfly valve was removed?
did you simply remove the 2 screws and the plate that were attached to the shaft?

greatwhiterev

Aug 18, 2022
Truck Year
I removed the valve housing from engine and simply removed the screws and plate. This did stop my problem with the code issue but something else has occurred. I’m now having turbo lag, there was oil in my air intake, and have lost my engine brake! Think I may have a turbo issue. I’m not a mechanic so probably headed to shop for help! Good luck with yours!

TXD

Feb 6, 2020
Truck Year
I removed the valve housing from engine and simply removed the screws and plate. This did stop my problem with the code issue but something else has occurred. I’m now having turbo lag, there was oil in my air intake, and have lost my engine brake! Think I may have a turbo issue. I’m not a mechanic so probably headed to shop for help! Good luck with yours!
i did try to remove the plate but to no avail...

had this error pop up saturday afternoon leaving the house, no check engine light, no codes, just SETC error. ill try to make this short as possible....
2016 laramie 4x4 bought used 4/2019 with 90k miles. in jan 2020 i did full delete with SFT stage 2 tune, straight pipe, etc.. been basically trouble free now at 170,000mi. until this service electronic throttle control...
i get to checking intake, connections to turbo, to intercooler, to throttle valve. check harness under the dash, harness under the cab inside the frame rail. made sure the plate in the throttle valve rotated by hand, tried pedal reset (turn on but not running, slowly press pedal to floor then slowly release) could not find anything wrong. found a post where someone said they removed the plate in the throttle valve and it fixed their issue. i tried that to no resolve. then came across a post by user Adi here P0234 and SETC Issues that i cannot figure out. so i did as he detailed and removed the link arm from the actuator on the turbo and the link arm moved up/down freely but the actuator did not, it was in the down position if i recall correctly. had my son start the truck with the link disconnected and the actuator didnt move. i pried on it a bit with a screwdriver and it moved a little so i had him shut it down. put everything back together and at this point i had check engine lights and codes since we started it without the air intake attached. cleared codes and had him put it in run but not start the motor and the actuator moved as normal. went ahead and started the truck and all codes and SETC gone. ran the truck around for 5-10mins up to 45mph with no issue so i moved to bigger roads up to 70mph for 10min, then back on the slower roads for 5-10mins. and no codes or SETC came back. hope it jarred loose or re-seated whatever is needed to keep this thing running! it seems like everyone thats had this issue has posted a different way to a resolution so i figured i should add to the mess in case it can help anyone else out.