• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Update and Details

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The AEM Settlement is now enforce, the Update is available to ALL enrollee's.

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
I am definitely going tune it and call FCA on monday. Im in the middle of changing duty stations right now and have to ship my truck on the 20th from HI to LA then drive to VA. But once i get there ill definitely get a spare ECU and get that stuff done.

Joseph Arena

Oct 17, 2018
Truck Year
I got my offer for $3k and notarized it and sent it in. I have an appointment for the end of the month for the flash. I will play the 1 day shuffle on the ECM's. GDE out - Factory in - tune - Factory out - GDE back in.
Excuse me sir, I just had a question. I think I’m in the same boat as you. I have the GDE hot tune on my 2016 ram eco-diesel. But the thing is I took the EGR out. But I want that money. I already spoke to GDE, they are sending me a new ECU and I think I’m just going to play the shuffle game like you said. GDE Tune our or rather (overridden) recall applied, new GDE Update back in, do you think it will work?

John

Nov 13, 2015
You will need the EGR physically in place in order to get the AEM.

Joseph Arena

Oct 17, 2018
Truck Year
You will need the EGR physically in place in order to get the AEM.
Okay roger so I managed to save the EGR. I’ll just throw it back in, will i have to reconnect the old coolant lines and down pipes and whatnot as well? Or does it just need to be electronically connected? I plan on putting my GDE ECU which is coming in the mail now in, like 5 minutes after they perform the recall so I’m not driving around with a fuckered up truck. Someone just tell me precisely what i need to do to make this work.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Joseph, I suggest you ask GDE what is required so when they do the AEM it won't be obvious. I know if it's not connected electrically it will immediately throw codes while still in the hands of the dealer. Part of the AEM is to do a stationary regen and that will be more than enough time to throw codes. I don't think the coolant lines are necessary but not certain about the turbo pipe so that's why I say check with GDE. Let us know what you find out, Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They will check its operation, If it triggers the P0245 ( I think that's the Code#) the dealer Will pass on the AEM.

It has the thermo-couple to Check Temp if the spread is to great it will trigger code(s)

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
they also have to put a sticker on your ecm. when they open your hood it needs to at least look like it is supposed to look.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I thought the deadline to file a claim with FCA was 8/1/19?

Anyone who hasn’t filed their intent and documents with FCA yet is F’d, in my opinion.

Joseph Arena

Oct 17, 2018
Truck Year

Anyone who hasn’t filed their intent and documents with FCA yet is F’d, in my opinion.
I read today that applies to a certain demographic of people. Does not apply to those who are the first and primary owners of the vehicle. Only applies to those that lease or are previous owners. I’ll try to find the link to the page that said that.

John

Nov 13, 2015

Yes for Eligible Former Owners. Someone had mentioned the date was extended until 08-31 ( not confirmed by me.

If you own or lease an Eligible Vehicle, to receive compensation under the Class Action Agreement, you must submit a complete and valid claim by 21 months after the Court’s orders granting final approval of the Settlements and complete your AEM by 24 months after the Court’s orders granting final approval of the Settlements.

Joseph Arena

Oct 17, 2018
Truck Year
So I followed all of your instructions. Returned everything to stock got the recall and it was successful. I went onto the eco-diesel settlement website and I gave them my license, registration, proof of purchase and so on. Now what do I do? Do I have to submit further documents? Thank you all for being so helpful regarding this