• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Settlement Update and Details

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
John, click the link, when you do that you are IN the correct thread, at that point scroll to post number 715. You can find the post number in the upper right corner of each post.

I’m out. I’ve been accused of posting fake news and basically called a liar. My intent was just to forward some pretty credible info to the GDE tuned folks, of which I am one.

You are all welcome to do your own due diligence, I am not attempting to argue any points for or against.
[/QUOTE

Just do a copy-paste of the text from your link.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
3 days ago · #715

Just a heads up... GDE guys, expect to be stock for a couple months if you were planning to get the emissions update and then reflash your hot tune.
"Hi Frank, * The new software has not come out yet, only once that happens can we get our truck updated then start to dissect that software over and understand how different it is and even which of our features can be ported over from before. This process will take time in order to ensure a quality job having ported the tune to the new software and adequately validated. * Thanks GDE"
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
What, no apology for spreading fake news?

Been pretty quiet since I posted this...

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
What, no apology for spreading fake news?

Well, since you brought it up and if you are referring to me:

1 - I didn't call you out as a liar. I merely wanted to know where you got the info you posted because cs in Alabama posted that GDE replied, "Not sure who posted that, but it was not us. If you have a stock ecm and GDE tuned ecm, just put stock unit in for recall, then afterwards reinstall GDE tuned ecm. DONE."

2- You said, "You will NOT be able to just throw your existing GDE tuned ECM back in the truck when you get home from the dealer after getting the FCA fix installed." as a GDE statement. Turns out that GDE never said that. I stand without any apology because you did post fake news!

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Whatever, do whatever you want guys. Makes no difference to me.

The cut and pasted post I provided was only the first post of a lengthy discussion.

I am a GDE customer, but you have to ask yourself with all the money GDE has made off these forums pimping their product, don’t you think it would be appropriate from a customer service perspective for them to occasionally post information directly to us; especially during times such as these?

It’s all about the Benjamin's. I guess after they cash your check you are on your own.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
For the record, I did not mean GDE is directly pimping their product. I meant their product is continually pimped by posters/customers. After reading my post it did not read the way I intended it to. Sorry about the clarity.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Whatever, do whatever you want guys. Makes no difference to me.

The cut and pasted post I provided was only the first post of a lengthy discussion.

I am a GDE customer, but you have to ask yourself with all the money GDE has made off these forums pimping their product, don’t you think it would be appropriate from a customer service perspective for them to occasionally post information directly to us; especially during times such as these?

It’s all about the Benjamin's. I guess after they cash your check you are on your own.
The thread you are referring to concerns those who have the tune without a spare stock ECM. GDE clearly stated if you have a stock ECM go ahead and install it for the software update and you can reinstall the GDE tuned ECM without any issues.

The GDE trans tune is handled a little differently. You must first flash the trans back to stock before the update. You can now erase the programming tool, reload the new stock software, send it off to GDE for a new & updated trans tune for a cost of $25.00.

The trans tune must be handled this way or the programming tool will become locked and you will be out $200.00.

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
Updade**
Took my truck in yesterday for an 840 appointment for AEM + 3 other recalls oil change and check engine light p245b dealer said it would be ready by noon no loaner provided. But suggested that i can rent a car at enterprise for a reduced rate of $35. Called at 130 they havent gotten to it and will call me tomorrow at noon to tell me when its going to be ready. Per the diesel settlement page they have to provide a loaner if its scheduled to take more than 3 hrs to complete or not complete within 3 hrs of the appointment they must provide a loaner. So contacted FCA hotline and they created a case # and wil contact the dealer today to see when my truck will be complete.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Updade**
Took my truck in yesterday for an 840 appointment for AEM + 3 other recalls oil change and check engine light p245b dealer said it would be ready by noon no loaner provided. But suggested that i can rent a car at enterprise for a reduced rate of $35. Called at 130 they havent gotten to it and will call me tomorrow at noon to tell me when its going to be ready. Per the diesel settlement page they have to provide a loaner if its scheduled to take more than 3 hrs to complete or not complete within 3 hrs of the appointment they must provide a loaner. So contacted FCA hotline and they created a case # and wil contact the dealer today to see when my truck will be complete.
Its probably because of all your other recalls. They can easily say that's the reason you aren't getting a loaner.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
For the record, I did not mean GDE is directly pimping their product. I meant their product is continually pimped by posters/customers. After reading my post it did not read the way I intended it to. Sorry about the clarity.
I demand a cut each time their name is mentioned!! :cool:

They don’t post on this forum much. It would be nice if they supported their product here, but I guess my forum isn’t good enough for them?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
They don't post much on any forum

John

Nov 13, 2015
They don't post much on any forum
This is true although they've been a little more active with the AEM happening.

The good thing about GDE is they're only a phone call away. I have had calls returned all hours including weekends.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I demand a cut each time their name is mentioned!! :cool:

They don’t post on this forum much. It would be nice if they supported their product here, but I guess my forum isn’t good enough for them?
It damned well should be. They should buy a few ad spots or something. Maybe I will start speaking only about Sofa King. Funnier name anyway!

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
So i got my truck back. $318 later $140 for diagnostic for p245b code and the rest for oil change. Strange the extended warranty said all diagnostics are covered regardless if the culprit was a covered part or not. Turns out it was a disconnected vaccum line on the egr so they claim its not covered.

Haze11210

May 4, 2019
Truck Year
Will ve contacting FCA on monday since the rep I spoke to claims he doesnt know the extent of the u07 recall 😒

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Will ve contacting FCA on monday since the rep I spoke to claims he doesnt know the extent of the u07 recall 😒
The diagnostic should have been free, as you say. Refer to the V08 recall. U07 was only some trucks with rotary dial trans problems. You can always call FCA customer service.

You should put a tune on that truck then clean your MAP sensor to really make it much better for you.

Last edited: