• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT Sale

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
I’m averaging 18-20 a tank with a leveling kit and 35’s. I have not recalibrated my speedometer so I’m probably in the 20-24 range but I’m trying to keeep miles off the truck to milk the warranty clock 🙃 also those calculations were pulling a 3000# enclosed trailer for 50-100 miles of the tank
I’m running on 35’s, 4” lift, speed calibrated no other tunes and get a 18-19 mpg. Do you get any tune installed?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m running on 35’s, 4” lift, speed calibrated no other tunes and get a 18-19 mpg. Do you get any tune installed?
I have the sofa king stage 1 tune and I’m not calibrated. If I recalibrate I’m around 22-24

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
I have the sofa king stage 1 tune and I’m not calibrated. If I recalibrate I’m around 22-24
Well SFT state that the file it cone with a speed calibration, did STF asked you on what wheels size are you run on?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well SFT state that the file it cone with a speed calibration, did STF asked you on what wheels size are you run on?
Yes I told them 35” tire but I think that’s just so the trans tune is most efficient. The ecm is responsible for speed if I recal right

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Deleted

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
Yes I told them 35” tire but I think that’s just so the trans tune is most efficient. The ecm is responsible for speed if I recal right
probably you are righ, I just assumed that the flush file will update the speed since SFT ask for the wheel size. I calibrated my over the Delta OBD App used a OBD Max Bluetooth to get connected with the ED. This link will help if you wanna do it by yourself

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hi John, does SFT stage one supposed to have the EGR disabled?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hi John, does SFT stage one supposed to have the EGR disabled?
As Tremper said, It's an option when you order. I have never heard of anyone ordering with it intact as most get tuned to disable it.

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
It depends on how you order it. When I ordered mine it was an option to select it removed
Just looked at the order, I opted for EGR deleted, so looking at the pictures I believe the EGR still doing the job. I just contacted STF with the issue, will see what’s their answer. 20240305_125539.jpeg20240305_130317.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
IMO it looks like egr has failed and is allowing soot and coolant into the intake. I say that because typically the soot buildup is dry, that looks wet. Per SKT, when I got my tune it showed egr was still active. I unplugged the 2 plugs going to it and did not have any errors pop up. So, if you unplug the 2 egr plugs, and start the truck, If you get a CEL or error messages, egr is still enabled. I blocked and plated my diffuser tube off and unplugged egr and no problems with dirty intake since.

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
IMO it looks like egr has failed and is allowing soot and coolant into the intake. I say that because typically the soot buildup is dry, that looks wet. Per SKT, when I got my tune it showed egr was still active. I unplugged the 2 plugs going to it and did not have any errors pop up. So, if you unplug the 2 egr plugs, and start the truck, If you get a CEL or error messages, egr is still enabled. I blocked and plated my diffuser tube off and unplugged egr and no problems with dirty intake since.
Yup looks nasty, you think that the EGR cooler failed? It’s the new that dealer installed after recall, no better that original one. Good point to disconnect the plugs and see if any codes come up.
TY

M.A.

Nov 29, 2019
Truck Year
EGR 2 plugs disconnected, no errors on the dash. Is that possible to get coolant coming from a crack EGR cooler in to the intake having a EGR delated?
ty

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
If you have trouble with getting SFT to turn off your EGR, you could use a restrictor in the tube to significantly limit the flow. There are some plates on the internet, but I've been using a very inexpensive MacGuyver restrictor (SFT stage 1 w/ EGR on - have to pass emissions still): 1 Ace Hardware 1" basket strainer (p/n: 40291 on plumbing/sink aisle), and a flat washer from their small hardware aisle (P/N: UCU - washer covers the entire bottom of strainer with 3/16" center hole). Price is around $3 for both. Use some heat resistant wire to secure washer in bottom of strainer - I used .032" steel lock wire. The basket fits perfectly inside the EGR cooler end of the EGR tube. This mod will flow just enough to keep sensors happy, but still lower MAT and greatly reduce intake soot. I saw a noticeable improvement in acceleration at low speed and power at highway speeds when passing or going up hill, and a couple more MPG at 80mph (YMMV).

Tried to upload some pics, but apparently 1.2MB is too large.

Hope this helps.