• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SFT

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
perfect I am in similar climate. How long have you been running like this ?
Since about the middle of October 2020, I found distilled water in the baby section at WALMART one day, a buck a gallon, I was planning on getting or building a distiller, but for a buck I don't even wanna think about it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Shopping centers Here. $0.69-0.89

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Looks like from what I can gather, The 32.5% urea/DEF mixture starts to crystallize and freeze at 12 degrees F.
It’s been 25 degrees in the mornings where im at in PA this week. Just trying to find out how much I can dilute DEF without worrying about it freezing. If anybody knows? Thanks
Don’t know how this post went from SFT to DEF but hey, I’m learning stuff lol

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
It’s a buck a gallon in PA too. I have a 2016 and love it so far. Waiting on delivery of a SFT engine tune. Thanks for all the info

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Looks like from what I can gather, The 32.5% urea/DEF mixture starts to crystallize and freeze at 12 degrees F.
It’s been 25 degrees in the mornings where im at in PA this week. Just trying to find out how much I can dilute DEF without worrying about it freezing. If anybody knows? Thanks
Don’t know how this post went from SFT to DEF but hey, I’m learning stuff lol

The freezing is not important, Because My research indicates at around 22-24F the heater is engage and dis-engages around 34F...

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
I see. Didn’t know DEF had a heater but it makes sense. So if I run say 10-20% urea/DEF in my tank and it is frozen solid, it won’t cause any problems buy the time the heater thaws it? Or would you suggest staying with the off the shelf blend in the winter months? Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Makes no difference I would probably stay right around a 10%. Urea and 90% distilled water and that's generally 3 gallons of distilled water and then 1 gallon of def retail. But there's nothing wrong with going 2 gallons of distilled and 1 gallon of def retail.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Good news today, My SFT engine tune will be here 1-19. Was getting worried but they stuck to their ship within 3-10 business days 😀

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Good news. My SFT Touchscreen tuner arrived yesterday. Followed their instructions which are, Hook battery charger to truck so battery voltage doesn’t drop bellow 12.2 during transfer of stock ecu file to sft Touchscreen, Connect Touchscreen to obd port using provided cable, Turn key to on, Follow screen prompts to load the factory ecm file on Touchscreen, took 4-5 mins. When done, disconnect all.
Download their SFT program to your Laptop/Computer, Connect Touchscreen to laptop with provided cable, After it updates you upload your stock ecm file from Touchscreen to computer, Name and Save the file. Then you send SFT the file attached to an email. They confirmed receiving the stock ecm file. Now im awaiting the return of my SFT tuned ecm file email and hopefully just basically reverse the steps to install it in the truck. So far so good. Did a few 0-60 rips to see what stock times were appox.
Averaged 10.15 seconds. I’m driving 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week currently, half backroads and half highway and getting 22mpg. 27 degrees at 5am. After I get tune installed I’ll let all know how it went and 0-60/mpg numbers.
Until then, Long live our Eco Diesels

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
So I pulled the trigger on the purchase of the ECM Tune from SFT . I’ll let you know how it works out
I wish I would’ve gotten that good of a deal. I got 10% off. Paid $875 for the All in one combo with the Rally Time and touch screen. Just installed the off road exhaust and started running the stage two. Even with the stage one, it was night and day difference. I also have a BD Diesel Throttle Sensitivity Booster. SFT told me it would not be compatible with the tune, but it is. With that thing on the power is insane.

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Sweet, Im starting with the stage 1 but will see what’s next lol. Got the Stage 1 tune email back today from SFT and it’s loaded on my Touchscreen just gotta load it to the truck now

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
Ok so loaded the tune from SFT Touchscreen to my truck this morning. Actually told my wife id go on a small grocery and fuel run late morning for a reason to drive it after tuned. Ah yah, Did the shopping deed geez. Thoughts to come

Vmac2

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
Ok so loaded the tune from SFT Touchscreen to my truck this morning. Actually told my wife id go on a small grocery and fuel run late morning for a reason to drive it after tuned. Ah yah, Did the shopping deed geez. Thoughts to come
How is it?

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
So far I’m very happy with the SFT tune. Yesterday was a run into town and today was an hour to work and an hour back home. Both trips were with a 10 minute warrm-up. Its in the high 20 temps here in the mornings. Any Hesitation and or turbo lag is GONE The thing pulls way harder throughout the rpms. I can light both back tires up from a dead stop Just letting of the break and mashing the pedal. 3.92 gears. I’ll post 0-60 times and mpg after I run a tank of fuel through er. 😃