• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sofa King Tuned

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Hello there EcoDiesel owners!

I'm new to this website but not new to the EcoDiesel. I have used a lot of information from this website and have been very active on the FB groups.

I did come up with an awesome transmission tune with a great value. I'm not trying to advertise here, I'll post it in another spot. Stay "tuned"

I personally have a 2015 Ram EcoDiesel Outdoorsman 4x4 with GDE's supertune and SFT's transmission tune.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-12-31-15-10-43.png
    Capture+_2018-12-31-15-10-43.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello there EcoDiesel owners!

I'm new to this website but not new to the EcoDiesel. I have used a lot of information from this website and have been very active on the FB groups.

I did come up with an awesome transmission tune with a great value. I'm not trying to advertise here, I'll post it in another spot. Stay "tuned"

I personally have a 2015 Ram EcoDiesel Outdoorsman 4x4 with GDE's supertune and SFT's transmission tune.

Why did you choose GDE for the Engine Tune?

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Why did you choose GDE for the Engine Tune?
John speaks the truth below! I went with gde originally for the engine tune, I could not justify the transmission tune as there were no reviews out there that gave any sort of description except for, it's great, or wow. Was not convinced to drop $600 for that. And that's what drove me to originally developed the SFT transmission tune.

Fast forward a few months, in February I released the OBD2 flash ability for the engine. obviously people were waiting a long time for this and here I am coming from nowhere all of a sudden tuning the EcoDiesel engine via OBD2 yet these other companies could not for so long. After purchasing the gde super tune and being very disappointed that drove me to develop my own for the EcoDiesel, stage 1 with all the emissions intact, and Stage 2 fully deleted off road.

With the gde hot tune, speaking from personal experience I really have a neutral response but positive when it comes to MPG. I was happy with the EGR being shut off and the increase of MPG. Being able to set the cruise control At a lower speed and all that was great as well. I was very disappointed with the super tune, I had to barely press the throttle otherwise it was going to smoke like a chimney. Absolutely no noticeable increase in horsepower but it did make my engine sound like it was pre- detonating when it was not supposed to.

Working the clock basically 24/7 for weeks, I partnered with an engineering company to develop to Stage 1 and Stage 2 engine tunes. There's hardly any smoke with the fully deleted tune. There's absolutely no throttle lag after 800 RPMs. The only throttle lag experience is from the actual turbo having school up. Stock there's a 2.8 second delay programmed in there from the factory. We keep all the safety measures in place, the highest torque output is 712 NM, this is safe for the transmission, others are well over 800 NM. And that is fine for them, they will even advise against using the other tunes. We highly recommend hours because we want to keep things safe, within check and increase the longevity of your engine and transmission.

I did not get any money back from gde, I could barely get them to respond to an email after asking for the super tune and if I did things correctly. at this point, the company itself and disappointed in the ownership as for the quality of their tunes, I would recommend the gde hot tune to somebody with minor mechanical know how to remove the airbox and install the ECU.

I will say for Father's day Sofa King tuned LLC is giving 20% off to everything in the store. That means you can get an engine and transmission tune shipped priority 2 - 3 day shipping for only $720! All tunes are OBD2. You just need your Windows computer and the vehicle. Turn the key on and off when instructed and that's about it. Get phenomenal increases in MPG, drivability, longevity. Enjoy your new vehicle for a long time and less time spent at the pump fueling up

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
John speaks the truth below! I went with gde originally for the engine tune, I could not justify the transmission tune as there were no reviews out there that gave any sort of description except for, it's great, or wow. Was not convinced to drop $600 for that. And that's what drove me to originally developed the SFT transmission tune.

Fast forward a few months, in February I released the OBD2 flash ability for the engine. obviously people were waiting a long time for this and here I am coming from nowhere all of a sudden tuning the EcoDiesel engine via OBD2 yet these other companies could not for so long. After purchasing the gde super tune and being very disappointed that drove me to develop my own for the EcoDiesel, stage 1 with all the emissions intact, and Stage 2 fully deleted off road.

With the gde hot tune, speaking from personal experience I really have a neutral response but positive when it comes to MPG. I was happy with the EGR being shut off and the increase of MPG. Being able to set the cruise control At a lower speed and all that was great as well. I was very disappointed with the super tune, I had to barely press the throttle otherwise it was going to smoke like a chimney. Absolutely no noticeable increase in horsepower but it did make my engine sound like it was pre- detonating when it was not supposed to.

Working the clock basically 24/7 for weeks, I partnered with an engineering company to develop to Stage 1 and Stage 2 engine tunes. There's hardly any smoke with the fully deleted tune. There's absolutely no throttle lag after 800 RPMs. The only throttle lag experience is from the actual turbo having school up. Stock there's a 2.8 second delay programmed in there from the factory. We keep all the safety measures in place, the highest torque output is 712 NM, this is safe for the transmission, others are well over 800 NM. And that is fine for them, they will even advise against using the other tunes. We highly recommend hours because we want to keep things safe, within check and increase the longevity of your engine and transmission.

I did not get any money back from gde, I could barely get them to respond to an email after asking for the super tune and if I did things correctly. at this point, the company itself and disappointed in the ownership as for the quality of their tunes, I would recommend the gde hot tune to somebody with minor mechanical know how to remove the airbox and install the ECU.

I will say for Father's day Sofa King tuned LLC is giving 20% off to everything in the store. That means you can get an engine and transmission tune shipped priority 2 - 3 day shipping for only $720! All tunes are OBD2. You just need your Windows computer and the vehicle. Turn the key on and off when instructed and that's about it. Get phenomenal increases in MPG, drivability, longevity. Enjoy your new vehicle for a long time and less time spent at the pump fueling up

Great information!

So once someone purchases the tune, they will have access to reinstall the factory if needed? Basically, the software is always available for stock, stage 1 and stage 2?

On the offroad tune, do you need to alter the exhaust system or run through the current exhaust system, but turns off EGR?

I appreciate the details.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Great information!

So once someone purchases the tune, they will have access to reinstall the factory if needed? Basically, the software is always available for stock, stage 1 and stage 2?

On the offroad tune, do you need to alter the exhaust system or run through the current exhaust system, but turns off EGR?

I appreciate the details.
You got it! Flash whenever you want. Offroad requires offroad exhaust. 0 exceptions.

For the EGR, yes that too.

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
You got it! Flash whenever you want. Offroad requires offroad exhaust. 0 exceptions.

For the EGR, yes that too.
Stage 1 also eliminates the EGR also correct?

I have read lots of good reviews for your tuning. That special your running is hard to pass up.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Stage 1 also eliminates the EGR also correct?

I have read lots of good reviews for your tuning. That special your running is hard to pass up.
It can, please check sofakingtuned.com/FAQ for more info:
Q: DOES THE SFT TUNE DISABLE THE EGR?
With the SFT Stage 2, YES! SFT Stage 2 tune is exclusively off-road use. This will delete your stock exhaust. With either SFT stage 1 or 2 ECU tune, if you select "yes" to "EGR removed?" During checkout, your tune will reflect accordingly

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
It can, please check sofakingtuned.com/FAQ for more info:
Q: DOES THE SFT TUNE DISABLE THE EGR?
With the SFT Stage 2, YES! SFT Stage 2 tune is exclusively off-road use. This will delete your stock exhaust. With either SFT stage 1 or 2 ECU tune, if you select "yes" to "EGR removed?" During checkout, your tune will reflect accordingly

To confirm, do you need to do an offroad exhaust if you remove EGR? Obviously a rookie here.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
To confirm, do you need to do an offroad exhaust if you remove EGR? Obviously a rookie here.

No worries, we all start somewhere. Hopefully this information helps:

EGR and your exhaust are two different systems that tie together via the EGR tube off the exhaust manifold.

The EGR is not inline with the exhaust. It simply taps into the exhaust so it can flow exhaust into your intake manifold effectively filling your engine cylinders with soot, killing it. How nice. Right?

Exhaust has the DPF, diesel particulate filter, responsible for burning off this soot during a regeneration by injecting excess fuel into your cylinder is causing the palladium material inside the DPF to heat up (burns soot)
The SCR, selective catalytic reduction is also a plate like structure that gets d e f, diesel exhaust fluid, a urea compound mixture sprayed onto the plate in order to lower nox emission levels.

Remove EGR = need EGR delete kit
EGR turned off (software) = can use block off plates
Stage 2 off-road only tune = you MUST run aftermarket race only exhaust (will not have DPF/SCR (def)

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
No worries, we all start somewhere. Hopefully this information helps:

EGR and your exhaust are two different systems that tie together via the EGR tube off the exhaust manifold.

The EGR is not inline with the exhaust. It simply taps into the exhaust so it can flow exhaust into your intake manifold effectively filling your engine cylinders with soot, killing it. How nice. Right?

Exhaust has the DPF, diesel particulate filter, responsible for burning off this soot during a regeneration by injecting excess fuel into your cylinder is causing the palladium material inside the DPF to heat up (burns soot)
The SCR, selective catalytic reduction is also a plate like structure that gets d e f, diesel exhaust fluid, a urea compound mixture sprayed onto the plate in order to lower nox emission levels.

Remove EGR = need EGR delete kit
EGR turned off (software) = can use block off plates
Stage 2 off-road only tune = you MUST run aftermarket race only exhaust (will not have DPF/SCR (def)

Okay, Thank you very much. I think I will just turn the EGR off via tune to keep it all stock otherwise.

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Is your tune Calif. compliant? How hard is the installation, I'm not very computer savy? Is it not a problem to go back and forth between new update and your performance tune? Thanks for your time.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Is your tune Calif. compliant? How hard is the installation, I'm not very computer savy? Is it not a problem to go back and forth between new update and your performance tune? Thanks for your time.
Yessir! We tune in Cali since ALL your emissions will be in working order and they're still functional.

Yes you can swap back and forth.

Please review "how does it work" on sofakingtuned.com/faq

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
Just purchased your program, I tried to log back into my new sofaking account my computer said this was a fraudulent site and should close immediately. Tried to call your number 702-sofa-king number cannot be completed as dialed to many numbers. I canceled transaction and my credit card. What's going on?? Let me know?

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Just purchased your program, I tried to log back into my new sofaking account my computer said this was a fraudulent site and should close immediately. Tried to call your number 702-sofa-king number cannot be completed as dialed to many numbers. I canceled transaction and my credit card. What's going on?? Let me know?
Sir, I'm not sure what you're referencing. The www.sofakingtuned.com website is perfectly safe. With SSL connections. Plus the payment is ONLY through PayPal right now. 100% safe with their automatic $300,000 purchase protection.

SofaKingTuned

Dec 31, 2018
Truck Year
Gde they are there to help their customers. u get what u pay for
Can you reach them via email? After hours? Weekends? Holidays? Nope. You're right, you're over paying for an under performing product. Not our cup of tea!

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Green Diesel Engineering replies to customer needs during business hours, after hours and on weekends. We can teamviewer in if needed as well. Customer service is important to GDE and we strive to have 100% satisfaction. Give us a call. 248-977-9531 or email at [email protected]