• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Some ideas

Karson

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
My truck is already leveled with 33x12x20 and was wondering what all upgrades y’all suggest and if y’all have deleted your ecodiesel and if so what is the best route to go

Attachments

• 963758B1-193D-472B-93B5-21E8B4DD3DF4.jpeg
    963758B1-193D-472B-93B5-21E8B4DD3DF4.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 5
  • E79B7C00-8FB4-4C77-ADB2-FE711DF582C0.jpeg
    E79B7C00-8FB4-4C77-ADB2-FE711DF582C0.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 6

Karson

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
I guess my real question is for instance on like the 5.9 Cummins 03 and up all you need in a programmer/tunner screen for instance a smarty touch can I put something along the lines like H&S, smarty, EFILive, ezlink, etc... would any of those work and just buy exhaust system as well

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I guess my real question is for instance on like the 5.9 Cummins 03 and up all you need in a programmer/tunner screen for instance a smarty touch can I put something along the lines like H&S, smarty, EFILive, ezlink, etc... would any of those work and just buy exhaust system as well

None of those mentioned will work. The EcoDiesel has security restrictions that has limited the amount of tuners/devices that will work with the ECM.

However, I did see a post that OBD II flashing is coming soon for the EcoDiesel, so it might be sooner than you think and a few of those devices might work.

Karson

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
None of those mentioned will work. The EcoDiesel has security restrictions that has limited the amount of tuners/devices that will work with the ECM.

However, I did see a post that OBD II flashing is coming soon for the EcoDiesel, so it might be sooner than you think and a few of those devices might work.
Okay sweet did you happen to hear maybe when like time frame or no

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Word to the Wise
We all purchased full size trucks with one of the smallest diesel engines. Do not expect any upgrades to significantly improve performance. These trucks were designed for light duty and great fuel mileage. The GDE tune seems to be the most comprehensive to correct the shortcomings of the 3.0. But you need to know these are not like the Cummins rams that you can bolt on and tweak to 600+ HP and 1800 TQ with shelf items. you have a 206-210 RWHP truck that is highly computer controlled and will give up longevity for anything over 10% performance upgrades.
I have had (4) Cummins Dodge / Rams, and have done moderate upgrades on a couple of them resulting in transmission and drive train failures. Twisted driveshafts, blown Tq converters...
The Ecodiesels are already near performance capacities from the factory. If you want it to last... don't try to push the upgrades too far. This engine can be fragile, and I wouldn't want to replace a 8 speed trans or cause premature cam gear failure by bumping compression/ boost.
Good luck with your truck.

Karson

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
Honestly I’m not looking for speed for torque just miss the coal rollin from 5.9 Cummins and being loud while cruising what would be the best route and kit for that

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
Well I can ship you some old toner powder from my blue print machine... you can run a string to a velco sealed bag, mount it to your spare and wait for a chevy or ford to crawl up to you... then zip away. For the noise tie some 40 gallon steel trash cans to a hemp rope and drag them behind you, like you are on your honeymoon. That should do it. Instant satisfaction. lol

Old man

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Well if you want to hear turbo spool up and flutter banks makes a air intake tube replacement no baffles. Or if you want to spend the big bucks install the whole air intake system