• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

TapaTalk has been removed (UPDATE - Its back on)

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
All,

A lot of members (and forums) use Tapatalk as an "app" for your phone to browse forums, including this one.

Today I decided to remove this application from the lack of support and ongoing security issues. The company has no customer service, and since this forum software is already "mobile friendly" I don't see much of an issue moving forward without it.

They have responded they are working on a new application and implementation for site owners, once that is complete and if it actually works.. I'll be open to turning it back on again.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I was wondering what was going on and it wouldn't let me login...guess it's back to the good ole webpage.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I was wondering what was going on and it wouldn't let me login...guess it's back to the good ole webpage.

Yea, I really hate to do it. But the con's really outweigh the pro's.

Hopefully, with the new version I can enable it back.. until then, the mobile page is a nice substitution.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Boooooo. Lol. Tapatalk is a very easy way to navigate the forum from my phone which I use for 95% of my interweb adventures. BUT, I understand. I'll will get used to the full site. It does have a lot more to offer, just tough to read on an iphone5. Regardless, thanks for looking out for us BoostN.

Last edited:

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
The best thing about the Tapatalk app was the ability to check the time line easily which quickly showed the latest posts in all categories. And the notifications.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
The best thing about the Tapatalk app was the ability to check the time line easily which quickly showed the latest posts in all categories. And the notifications.
Agreed. It's all I've ever known for this forum so my adjustment period is gonna be painful lol.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Just curious, how does it differ from the "New Posts" button on the site?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
It just shows them all. This format doesn't. For instance, when I opened this site on the phone, I had to search 'Tapatalk' to find this thread. I have no idea why.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 11

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I do. It just doesn't show all of them. HOWEVER, if you can find the link that says recent posts, it does show them all. Just found it.

Also, how did you post that pic directly and not as an attachment?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes I do. It just doesn't show all of them. HOWEVER, if you can find the link that says recent posts, it does show them all. Just found it.

Also, how did you post that pic directly and not as an attachment?

When you attach a picture it gives you the option to insert thumbnail or fullsize. I choose full size for that post.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes I do. It just doesn't show all of them.

That weird how it doesn't show new posts from this forum, as that option is enabled. I'll have to research it more!

I just created a test user and logged in and it shows fine.

Is everyone else having problems seeing new posts in the "Site Announcement" forum?

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
They show up and I use them but just not as user friendly of a layout and i don't get the alerts throughout the day so I don't even think about til I get home. I'm sure you can set up notifications....idk I just have a time adapting to change lol

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
@BoostN have you noticed a big decline in posts per day with Tapatalk removed? It appears to me the activity has fallen off quite a bit.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
@BoostN have you noticed a big decline in posts per day with Tapatalk removed? It appears to me the activity has fallen off quite a bit.
Yes I have. I hoping we have a Tapatalk update soon so I can enable it.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
The layout isn't bad at all with the website but and I'm getting used to it but it's kind of out of sight out of mind...I have all the notifications turned on but I don't receive any letting me know of replies etc.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Awesome news!!!