• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thanks, but I don't have a truck yet!

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm probably going to trade the Wife's 2015 Volvo tomorrow for a 2018 1500 ECO Diesel Big Horn. New.

I've read LOT's negative and some positive. Being a retired farmer, I'm not new to diesel but I'll admit I'm worried about all the emissions BS and the electronics. I've seen a few 250K tractors stop in the field because of an electronic glitch and sit there for weeks. (then there's the fuel pump drive)...don't know if that's been fixed or upgraded. Is a 2018 better than a 2014-16,17?

I'm wondering if maybe I should lease it instead of purchase.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm probably going to trade the Wife's 2015 Volvo tomorrow for a 2018 1500 ECO Diesel Big Horn. New.

I've read LOT's negative and some positive. Being a retired farmer, I'm not new to diesel but I'll admit I'm worried about all the emissions BS and the electronics. I've seen a few 250K tractors stop in the field because of an electronic glitch and sit there for weeks. (then there's the fuel pump drive)...don't know if that's been fixed or upgraded. Is a 2018 better than a 2014-16,17?

I'm wondering if maybe I should lease it instead of purchase.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome! Emission's will be a concern from here on out I'm afraid, no getting away from those with any modern diesel.. and they all have their issues.

As far as the lease or buy, have them run the numbers. I personally won't lease a vehicle, but everyones financial situation is different.