• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

the 2015 year model less problematic?

RamDiesel4

Oct 9, 2013
It seems like 2015 seems less problematic, I understand Im sure Ram fixed things between model years but it seems like problems reported looks less with 2015.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It seems like 2015 seems less problematic, I understand Im sure Ram fixed things between model years but it seems like problems reported looks less with 2015.

I would agree with this. It would be safe to assume Ram fixed bugs before carrying over to the next year.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
The only problem I have had in 1600 miles on my 2015 is that I do not want to get out of it!! The ventilated seats are air conditioner are wonderful especially with this Georgia heat and humidity.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
The only problem I have had in 1600 miles on my 2015 is that I do not want to get out of it!! The ventilated seats are air conditioner are wonderful especially with this Georgia heat and humidity.

I agree that is a good enough reason. Especially out here in Arizona

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
^^^ you pansies! Joking. I agree that I find reasons to take a drive, and that's coming from a guy who drives for a living. Only glitch I've had in my January built '15 was a TPMS that read 25psi for 2 miles and then it went right back to reading the correct pressure of 44psi. Not sure what that was about.

Still tho, I think it's too early in the game to distinguish the best years of vehicle platform.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I now have 20K on my 2015 with no issues at all. I have oil changed every 7500 miles and had the fuel filter changed at 15K.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
He posted in the 'how many miles and have you had any problems' thread.

What I remember is dealer was good as could be, engine was replaced and drove for 8k more miles. Then went back to a Duramax due to lack of confidence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
42k on my '15; near flawless. Hopefully I don't follow Mr Kitchens fate. But that will be a Warranty concern between ram powertrain, my third party extended Warranty, and my dealership lifetime powertrain Warranty, though I accidentally Used non spec oil for 2 changes by fault of my own I could see at least one of those floating the Bill. (Similar spec just lacking euro low ash) stupid. There's a thread regarding that.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
He posted in the 'how many miles and have you had any problems' thread.

What I remember is dealer was good as could be, engine was replaced and drove for 8k more miles. Then went back to a Duramax due to lack of confidence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Brady, you are correct on what I did. I sure did hate it when i had the engine issue. The dealer and F/C were great on the warranty but my confidence was destroyed in the product.