• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Fun Begins

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
It is amazing that my 2014 had similar issues 2 weeks before you. The Truck has 145,000 miles with no previous issues. I ordered it new and it was one of the first to come off the line. The dealer not my original dealer took the truck in as I commute 60 miles to work and it happened on the way to work. They gave a loaner RAM with 2,000 miles on it. It took 3 weeks to get the parts and due the recall. Three weeks after this my engine light comes on and tells me the regen needs to be done and the filter is 80% full. (Mileage was down to 17mpg) It is back in the shop for a week I have a loaner Jeep with 60 miles on it. They told me they finished the recall?? I thought wtf? and now the engine is backfiring. I'm concerned the truck will never be right. Anybody else have this happen?
When my exhaust plugged the dealer replaced two sensors, that and two regen cycles later it appears to be fine. I understand from reading some posts it's important to find a competent service department.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
FCA IS TO PROVIDE A RENTAL NOT YOU. EGR CAN FAIL AT ANY TIME . CONTACT THE LAW FIRM AT THE NUMBER ABOVE . THEY HANDLE ALL COMPLAINTS FROM THEIR CLASS ACTION SUITE AND THEY CONTACT FCA ON YOUR BEHALF AT NO CHARGE.

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Merry Christmas eco-diesel owners ! I got a great present today , a phone call from Vicksburg Dodge telling me we have some good news and some bad news about your truck! They got the parts in stock and installed the new intake manifold and EGR cooler and associated parts after assembly they were test driving and the motor blew up! Good news is it’s all under warranty with no idea of availability .... Ho Ho Ho on Donner and Blitzen were FCA gettin use to fixin. !!! That’s probably another $8k - $9k on top of the intake ,cooler , etc. She‘s going to be new again by spring ?? I sure hope the 2001 Ford Expedition with 258,000 miles holds up until she gets out of Dodge Hospital.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
NEW MOTOR IN MY 2016 . WILL BE READY MONDAY. FCA IS OUT OF MOTORS IN THE US. MY DEALER FOUND A MOTOR AT A DEALER IN HOUSTON TX AND FCA HAD TO BUY THE MOTOR BACK FROM THE DEALER. DELIVERY FOR A NEW MOTOR FROM FCA 90 TO 110 DAYS. FROM WHAT MY DEALER TOLD ME WE GOT LUCKY.

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Oh no! That doesn’t sound good 3-4 months . They should take one off the 2020 model line, I bet they have motors. It’s all becoming a big joke now. I may try to push for a buy back, I’m not sure that would be too good in my interest but it would be over. At this point it’s looking like I could start a good FCA smear campaign! FCA Customer Care Dave hasn’t contacted me in 2 weeks! ??? I think he checked out for anti depressant pills or something.
I also got a FCA letter yesterday needing eco diesels for follow up emission testing . They offer a fully insured loaner with a full tank of fuel and a $500 check to use your vehicle for 8-12 weeks and they will return your truck with a full tank of fuel. What a joke, buy mine back .

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
Merry Christmas eco-diesel owners ! I got a great present today , a phone call from Vicksburg Dodge telling me we have some good news and some bad news about your truck! They got the parts in stock and installed the new intake manifold and EGR cooler and associated parts after assembly they were test driving and the motor blew up! Good news is it’s all under warranty with no idea of availability .... Ho Ho Ho on Donner and Blitzen were FCA gettin use to fixin. !!! That’s probably another $8k - $9k on top of the intake ,cooler , etc. She‘s going to be new again by spring ?? I sure hope the 2001 Ford Expedition with 258,000 miles holds up until she gets out of Dodge Hospital.
FCA should provide the loaner if covered by the warranty, put miles on their dime.

VWRICK

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Oh no! That doesn’t sound good 3-4 months . They should take one off the 2020 model line, I bet they have motors. It’s all becoming a big joke now. I may try to push for a buy back, I’m not sure that would be too good in my interest but it would be over. At this point it’s looking like I could start a good FCA smear campaign! FCA Customer Care Dave hasn’t contacted me in 2 weeks! ??? I think he checked out for anti depressant pills or something.
I also got a FCA letter yesterday needing eco diesels for follow up emission testing . They offer a fully insured loaner with a full tank of fuel and a $500 check to use your vehicle for 8-12 weeks and they will return your truck with a full tank of fuel. What a joke, buy mine back .
Granny where are you located? I am NW corner of Ohio, I received same letter. I am about an hour and half from Auburn Hills. I assumed I got the letter because of my location.

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
I am south of Battle Creek Mi. the testing is kind of a joke at this point. I think I read that it was being done in Ann Arbor by a independent test lab. My truck won’t be any good to them it needs a motor ! Tomorrow my truck has been at Dodge Hospital for 1 month

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am south of Battle Creek Mi. the testing is kind of a joke at this point. I think I read that it was being done in Ann Arbor by a independent test lab. My truck won’t be any good to them it needs a motor ! Tomorrow my truck has been at Dodge Hospital for 1 month
You should definitely take the offer and see what happens! Nothing to lose, everything to gain!

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
It’s 1 month at Dodge Hospital today and more good news from The Dodge Boys! I just recieved a phone call from the dealer and he broke the good news to me that the area service manager informed them that I will have to pay a $2000 co-pay for the engine because I drove it to the dealer , that I didn’t have it towed. What the hell ! I don’t control their info. system it said “service electronic throttle control” so I made the soonest appointment after calling 4 dealers. The service writer asked if I was still driving the truck, I said to work and back! Never said don’t drive it just scheduled an appointment for the following week. If it was that critical why wouldn’t the computer shut it down? Has anyone used a Good Lawyer on a EcoDiesel claim ?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It’s 1 month at Dodge Hospital today and more good news from The Dodge Boys! I just recieved a phone call from the dealer and he broke the good news to me that the area service manager informed them that I will have to pay a $2000 co-pay for the engine because I drove it to the dealer , that I didn’t have it towed. What the hell ! I don’t control their info. system it said “service electronic throttle control” so I made the soonest appointment after calling 4 dealers. The service writer asked if I was still driving the truck, I said to work and back! Never said don’t drive it just scheduled an appointment for the following week. If it was that critical why wouldn’t the computer shut it down? Has anyone used a Good Lawyer on a EcoDiesel claim ?

That's BS.. never heard that from any of the other failed ones here (and we've had plenty). Fight that.. you shouldn't have to pay a dime.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

complete bull, something fishy in Denmark. I would dig a little deeper for sure!

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Just a end of the year follow up : I contacted the dealer today inquiring about the timeline on when a engine will be available and Im delt another blow! They need most , if not all of my $2000 co-payment before they will order a engine that wont be delivered until February! Holy Cow what a way to go out of 2019...
A phone call has been made to Lieff Cabraser Heinmann & Bernstein @ 1-800-541-7358 also all paperwork associated with diagnostics, parts ordered &,installed how long it has been at the dealer.Also diagnosis of what caused the engine to fail and a itemized statement of parts and labor for the engine replacement Request has been sent to the dealer. Happy New Year To All !

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
I was ask to ok $1,200.00 to start tear down of my engine . My dealer told me if my problem was caused by a warranty part that FCA picks up all cost. As of Monday dealer has not ask for one dime from me and they have been working on mine for a month. FCA has a heck of a bill to pay plus rental for over a month. The law firm is now working on getting my $3,700.00 back that I paid for 6 injectors and new intake.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Bet they stuck in the old EGR model which would have to come out later when the new ones are available. Now with the total motor issue, it is another issue.

Parts may not be available until late Spring so many, many Ecodiesels are sitting and owners are stuck with nothing that can even be fixed. That is the way it is.

Right before all this mess came to light and with no knowledge of the future I traded my Ecodiesel on a whim while at the Ram dealer for a tailgate recall. The gave me an offer I could not refuse on the new-engined Cummins and I took it. Just a week later the trade-in values of the Ecodiesels went into the toilet because of this EGR issue.

Oh - the 2500 Cummins is not for all. Mine is huge, fuel mileage sucks (19), too high and hard to climb up into even with boards and too massive a thing to be much of a "grocery getter." It is best on the open road and pulling the load. If that is not your thing, get the 2020 Ecodiesel.

Trailrunner918

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
Maybe I'll just wait for the truck to catch fire and collect the insurance. This is a ridiculous issue I have already purchased a used Silverado. Not the same mileage but at least I don't have DEF to add and poor trade-in values

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Bet they stuck in the old EGR model which would have to come out later when the new ones are available. Now with the total motor issue, it is another issue.

Parts may not be available until late Spring so many, many Ecodiesels are sitting and owners are stuck with nothing that can even be fixed. That is the way it is.

Right before all this mess came to light and with no knowledge of the future I traded my Ecodiesel on a whim while at the Ram dealer for a tailgate recall. The gave me an offer I could not refuse on the new-engined Cummins and I took it. Just a week later the trade-in values of the Ecodiesels went into the toilet because of this EGR issue.

Oh - the 2500 Cummins is not for all. Mine is huge, fuel mileage sucks (19), too high and hard to climb up into even with boards and too massive a thing to be much of a "grocery getter." It is best on the open road and pulling the load. If that is not your thing, get the 2020 Ecodiesel.
I ended up getting rid of mine too.
For whatever reason fca told my dealer they had to give me a loaner.
Dealer suggested pick something out of our used inventory, maybe we can work it out. End result is I’d definitely recommend dealership, but not that stock 1/2 ton 3.0 v6.

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
Entering Week 5 ... Now that I have contacted the law firm that represented us in the emissions law suit FCA Customer Care won’t work with me and closed my case ! ( they didn’t do anything for me anyways due to the area service manager making decisions ) The dealer service writer that I have been talking to said he can only have limited conversation with me , I received a warrenty invoice of work performed already with no diagnosis of what caused the engine to blow up while they were test driving. I asked if they had the engine torn apart to see what had caused the failure ? I was told that I would have to pay for the time for a mechanic to do that. I am wondering why the area service manager made the determination that I have to pay $2000 due to damage that I caused by driving it after the Service Electronic Throtle Control control light came on ?
I receive a Email from the dealer service department saying “ We want vehicles like your 2014 Ram 1500 we Will give you above book value to trade it in on a new vehicle” That adds fuel to the fire! Random e mail at the wrong time...I am now waiting on the Law firm to get back to me on what the next move will be , possibly apply for buy back? 12/25/2019 truck dropped off at the Dealer ,estimated time for replacement engine ”if I Pre Pay $2000 now” February?
What would be happening if we didn’t have the Emissions Lawsuit ?