• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

These things ride so good...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Every one talks so highly of the coils for ride quality but I have air as well and I'm extremely happy. But it does have a bit too much squish depending what you are doing. Pulling into my driveway per say coming over the curb causes a lot of body roll. It's soft like that that I know the coils are not as bad.

But the air is extremely versatile and it's a good system. I plan to eventually get the adjustable links so I can get the computer to level it off more. I'll find them again and share for anyone with air.

You can lift level or drop by adjusting the links and where the computer thinks the level point is

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
On our factory suspension there are links such as these that are solid that are attached to the leveling sensors on our suspension.

These are an adjustable height variant of the factory casted links. Therefore it allows you to set the ride height of any desired wheel up to 2.5" (I think this is the advertised Max height) higher than the factory "normal ride height"

There are also lowering links available for those of us particularly with 2wd platforms that would like to say drop the rear suspension down to provide a lower stance leveling vs the traditional front suspension lift to level a vehicle.

Last edited:

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Yep -the air ride and coil springs make this an unbeatable setup compared to the other 1/2 ton trucks. The purty li'l diesel is some sweet icing on the cake. Oh, and it looks damn good too!!! :D

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yep -the air ride and coil springs make this an unbeatable setup compared to the other 1/2 ton trucks. The purty li'l diesel is some sweet icing on the cake. Oh, and it looks damn good too!!! :D

100% accurate statement!

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya can't say enough about the air ride system on my truck I absolutely love it. Although when trailering I would like to be able to manually add juice to the rear to get rid of some of the squish that can happen.

bill jackson

Nov 9, 2017
Truck Year
All parts available on _mazon for around $50:

Elbow Joint, 10mm Ball/Sckt 15mm M5 Thrd

J.W. Winco 5NXF1/B DIN71802 Ball Joint, 8 mm Diameter, M5 x 0.8 Tapped Right Hand Thread, M5 x 0.8 Threaded Shank, 10 mm Thread Length with Safety Catch

Metric M5x0.8mm Stainless Steel Finished Hex Nut Silver Tone 50pcs

Uxcell M5 x 190mm 304 Stainless Steel Fully Threaded Rod Bar Studs Fasteners 5 Pcs

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just spent seven hours behind the wheel of mine. The air ride is awesome, self lowering for aerodynamics, raise for Off Road.
To MHarrison you might check the weight of trailer, my owners manual has a note about trailers over 5K lbs. require load leveling hitch. I haven't pulled that heavy yet so have no experience.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Lol I've pulled 10+, tongue weight is all how you load it. I've had 3k+ payload in my bed, the suspension is very capable.

Owners manual says that I can't have a slide in pickup bed camper due to weight with air suspension. I find that ridiculous