• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tired of the def

rockbreaker

Sep 1, 2023
Truck Year
I’m tired of the def messages on my dashboard first it says service def call dealership,I put new def injector in same thing,I then put in new pump , same thing so I forced a regen burn , now I have wrong def see dealership,. So what do I do now?

rockbreaker

Sep 1, 2023
Truck Year
So what is it you’re saying? When I research it that is what they do to fix it so what do I do next?. It runs and drives good like this but will it hurt it to drive it this way?

borutapl

Oct 23, 2021
Truck Year
Scan the the truck with alfaobd or other tool. Research codes. That will point you to what is really wrong with it.

Sep 2, 2023
Truck Year
I use hotshot secret diesel extreme on my truck, I use the whole entire bottle with a fuel tank and the DPF light goes away for at least another 3000 miles. I didn’t believe on this products until starting to use them. With fuel emissions you have to put this additives, has works for me and I keep using them. The first time I use le two bottles back to back with the next two fuel tanks. Also I have a banks systems installed, that also helps the engine runs cleaner with the emissions. My 2016 2nd generation has 170,000, I’m running 35” tires, daily driver, love the truck and going strong .

rockbreaker

Sep 1, 2023
Truck Year
I use hotshot secret diesel extreme on my truck, I use the whole entire bottle with a fuel tank and the DPF light goes away for at least another 3000 miles. I didn’t believe on this products until starting to use them. With fuel emissions you have to put this additives, has works for me and I keep using them. The first time I use le two bottles back to back with the next two fuel tanks. Also I have a banks systems installed, that also helps the engine runs cleaner with the emissions. My 2016 2nd generation has 170,000, I’m running 35” tires, daily driver, love the truck and going strong .
So you use it on every fill up ? Gets expensive or just use it every time the message comes up?

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
When I get the DEF code (DEF pressure too high, or similar) I take the nozzle out of the exhaust, steam clean it and the hole it was in, with a little, cheap unit I bought off Amazon for $30-$40. Comforday, I think is the brand. After that's done I reset the code and all is well for another couple years. More recently, I've been mixing the spendy DEF w/ anti-build up additive about 50/50 with regular DEF, seems to help some.

Hope this helps. YMMV.

rockbreaker

Sep 1, 2023
Truck Year
When I get the DEF code (DEF pressure too high, or similar) I take the nozzle out of the exhaust, steam clean it and the hole it was in, with a little, cheap unit I bought off Amazon for $30-$40. Comforday, I think is the brand. After that's done I reset the code and all is well for another couple years. More recently, I've been mixing the spendy DEF w/ anti-build up additive about 50/50 with regular DEF, seems to help some.

Hope this helps. YMMV.
What code reader do you use to delete the code please

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Got it from Harbor Freight, about $100 - ordinary reader
If you're wondering about the "permanent code" - once you've fixed the issue and cleared the active code, drive it normally for a day or two and the ECU will clear the "permanent" one. It has to sense that the code setting condition no longer exists.