• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

To delete or not delete. That is the question

Steviegiuce5

May 17, 2021
Truck Year
Good synopsis. K
I think you answered your own question. I deleted fully because I don’t want the egr ruining the engine, I didn’t want to waste fuel regening and it runs better.
Solving the emissions moral dilemma was easy, For me it came down to a 5 mpg improvement. The extra emissions spewed, outweighs burning 5 more mpg. It’s a net nuetral if not better.
Kinda stupid not deleting, when you look at it like that.
The EGR delete was a bonus.
I don’t care about the law or mandates they come up with. These are the same idiots that made gas cans impossible to use. You have-to delete those too!

So i know a little bit about deletes but not a ton. I had a diesel BMW X5 and prettt much the whole emissions system went at once and just parts alone were going to be 15k (no way I was going to pay that, that emissions system was a money pit, I had that truck for 250,000 miles and never had anything brake or need to be fixed in all those miles other than the POS emissions system !). Anyways, I would love to do a full delete and get a nice exhaust system but I live in Massachusetts and we have to get yearly inspections. They do OBD emissions test and I don’t know how to pass that with a full delete because everything isn’t going to day ready. Does Washington have yearly emissions inspections? If they do how do you pass?

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
FCA not the problem its Fiat VM motori. [/QUOTE said:
I’m assuming you meant to say EPA is not the problem as you did in your original comment. Assuming that, I gather you lay blame in Motori? How so?

My view is the EPA forced FCA to do things to the Fiat VM Motori which is a fine, respected, tried and true engine. The FCA reaction was an ill thought out emissions system which was the best they could do in time to meet the mandate in a crisis situation.
Given that, I put most of the blame on EPA.

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
So i know a little bit about deletes but not a ton. I had a diesel BMW X5 and prettt much the whole emissions system went at once and just parts alone were going to be 15k (no way I was going to pay that, that emissions system was a money pit, I had that truck for 250,000 miles and never had anything brake or need to be fixed in all those miles other than the POS emissions system !). Anyways, I would love to do a full delete and get a nice exhaust system but I live in Massachusetts and we have to get yearly inspections. They do OBD emissions test and I don’t know how to pass that with a full delete because everything isn’t going to day ready. Does Washington have yearly emissions inspections? If they do how do you pass?
I don’t know how you would pass emissions with a full delete, some say they pass anyways! I can’t roll coal or make smoke.
to answer your question,
In 2020, Washington state removed all inspections because the goal for pollution had been reached. To sell this bill to the public, their own language in the original state-mandate years ago said they would remove inspections after state levels come down to a certain level. It was automatically triggered. It was very quiet. I suspect in years to come they will reinstate it and you won’t be able to use a Bic lighter with out a stack scrubber but it will be a while because all the smog stations went out of business,
And there will have to be a cooling period from pissed off lobbyists.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
i deleted and did a off road tune when the truck wad bran spanking new and never had a problem with it never used the warranty and i never looked back

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

Motori & Fiat took a motor that was designed By GM/Motori 2005-06 for 3200LBS Euro caddy, the Motor never was intended to be used in 6200+ Pickups that are rated for 7K towing couple with DD use.

Fiat and Motori Max compacity was reached mid 2015 and yet those to bone head companies accelerate production to the point QC was abandon ,Back in 2016 complete failure rate exceeded 250-300 weekly, yet NO stop in production to correct the problem. That's NOT FCA fault...after that continue problems and yet NO stop in product until letters of desist production in late 2016. Did Motori re-tool to correct QC No. Ran production into 2017 knowing the vehicles will be sitting until COC compliance. Getting the picture.....I have no concern for 2017+ buyers if they want to keep the blinders on So be it. I will never own another Vehicle or engine built in Europe until QC issue's found in most Euro vehicles are resolved , likely NOT in My remaining lifetime.

Steviegiuce5

May 17, 2021
Truck Year
i deleted and did a off road tune when the truck wad bran spanking new and never had a problem with it never used the warranty and i never looked back
Are you in an area where you have to pass emissions testing with your truck? I used an off-road only tune for my bmw and passes but haven’t been able to find any off-road only tunes for my EcoDiesel when I’ve been looking..

Mesatoneman

Dec 27, 2020
Truck Year
At least toon! SFT stg 1 shuts down eqr, adds power/throttle response, better milage, 0-60 times. You don’t have to remove any parts. Plus you can reinstall factory toon within minutes if needed

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
At least toon! SFT stg 1 shuts down eqr, adds power/throttle response, better milage, 0-60 times. You don’t have to remove any parts. Plus you can reinstall factory toon within minutes if needed

My guess , get while available..When (EPA) done with EZ-Lynk who will be next.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don’t know how you would pass emissions with a full delete, some say they pass anyways! I can’t roll coal or make smoke.
to answer your question,
In 2020, Washington state removed all inspections because the goal for pollution had been reached. To sell this bill to the public, their own language in the original state-mandate years ago said they would remove inspections after state levels come down to a certain level. It was automatically triggered. It was very quiet. I suspect in years to come they will reinstate it and you won’t be able to use a Bic lighter with out a stack scrubber but it will be a while because all the smog stations went out of business,
And there will have to be a cooling period from pissed off lobbyists.
There were only 2 or 3 counties in the whole state that had testing. (King and Pierce)I have lived here since the 70’s and have never had to pass an emissions test. It isn’t coming back.

malquid

Feb 6, 2021
Truck Year
Are you in an area where you have to pass emissions testing with your truck? I used an off-road only tune for my bmw and passes but haven’t been able to find any off-road only tunes for my EcoDiesel when I’ve been looking..
Hey don’t get discouraged! HD diesel in Canada has the full tune, stage 1(egr) and stage 2(exhaust) deletes, complete with blanking kit for egr and exhaust kit. The HD diesel tune is the “same” as The highly touted GDE tune. They will ship anywhere but yep, you guessed it. CA. It was actually very straightforward. There are lots of bonuses like high idle start and it will hold any gear for longer.
Any question feel free to message or call me. I’m beyond happy with it.
20171BE0-A42A-414E-9BE9-46A6BE372C83.png

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
try canada their r quiet a few up their

Rickhead

Jun 25, 2021
Truck Year
Hate to be that guy, but which nets you a larger gain in hp and torque?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Truck value drops about $5000 as a very expensive system is being removed from vehicle and this negatively affects resale value. Service is harder to get done as you cannot take it to a dealer for the most part. Can only private sale the vehicle as it is illegal for a dealer to sell a deleted truck. There is no gain in performance or fuel economy by deleting vs. a good emission compliant tune. It will be loader and stink more.
I just bought a 2015 (125300miles) from a dealership which I discovered has a full delete... Ive been told these trucks often get sent to auction but every now and then they somehow get sold by dealerships... NOW I am reading up on it and it does make me a bit nervous but it does explain why the truck is so powerful... I also has the muffler and everything removed from the exhaust.
Now if I can only find out somehow whos "Tune" is in the ecm since theres no stickers. I have been able to do all the restoration work to my old stingray including building my engine from scratch so I consider myself fairly handy but the diesel world makes me feel clueless all over again.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
My EGR is leaking, dealer put me on a waiting list... its time to do the delete, I can buy the kit and physically do it myself, but the tuning is my question. Where and who? I have the GDE 2.0 tuner, will that help me retune? do I even have to retune? can I buy a new tuner kit? Can I buy a new ECU and just swap them? Any Ideas or help would be great, I topping off the coolant daily, I tried Aluma Seal to no avail.

thanks

Jgoodman1988

Oct 15, 2021
Truck Year
My EGR is leaking, dealer put me on a waiting list... its time to do the delete, I can buy the kit and physically do it myself, but the tuning is my question. Where and who? I have the GDE 2.0 tuner, will that help me retune? do I even have to retune? can I buy a new tuner kit? Can I buy a new ECU and just swap them? Any Ideas or help would be great, I topping off the coolant daily, I tried Aluma Seal to no avail.

thanks
Where are you buying the kit from. I've talked to about every Canadian company and nobody will ship to the US anymore. Only one company "dirty diesel" would do the tune and it requires shipping the ecm as a "repair" most websites still list the products but when you actually call they won't ship or do any delete tuning

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Local shop. the block off Kit is on E bay, and the pipe is custom by the shop, $1000.00 does it all. Shop has the tune.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Actually wasnt EGR IMG_0666.jpegleaking after all, it was the turbo cooler line spraying coolant under the intake manifold. Part is on backorder, I found a used on on Ebay and the dealer installed it for 1400.00

Jgoodman1988

Oct 15, 2021
Truck Year
Local shop. the block off Kit is on E bay, and the pipe is custom by the shop, $1000.00 does it all. Shop has the tune.
Where are you located. Every shop in ky seems to be terrified the epa is going to catch them. I'd be willing to drive to get it done. Dm me if you don't want to post details